Quick Litchi Question...?

Everything that you see on your app comes from the aircraft. If you completely lose the connection with the aircraft, you see NOTHING in the app. Your app will provide about as much flight information as a piece of wood. Okay?

Everything that you see on your app comes from the aircraft. If you completely lose the connection with the aircraft, you see NOTHING in the app. Okay?

well there is conflicting info in here. two people think you will see it fly along the route and you say it won't. I just want to be sure. I guess I will give it a go right now and see what happens. Just a little nerve wracking... how do you know when it is back in range? will you automatically regain connection if litchi remains open? a lot of unknowns...

so the consensus is, you will still see it on the map making its trip, just no video?

No - you won't see anything. If the downlink (video and telemetry) goes down due to signal loss, you will receive nothing from the aircraft - no location, no flight parameters, no video, nothing, until it gets back within range.

Reactions: maseman88
No - you won't see anything. If the downlink (video and telemetry) goes down due to signal loss, you will receive nothing from the aircraft - no location, no flight parameters, no video, nothing, until it gets back within range.

ok, and if i keep the app open it should do this all automatically? I just get worried about it not reconnecting so that I can't land it

ok, and if i keep the app open it should do this all automatically? I just get worried about it not reconnecting so that I can't land it

The app is simply talking to the controller. The controller will reconnect to the aircraft when it gets back within range, and the controller will resume feeding information and video to the app - just the same as if you fly until signal loss and the aircraft performs an RTH.

What you do is make sure your last waypoint is close to you. That way, when the mission is finished successfully, you know exactly where it is and you can bring it home. You can both see it and hear it. If your video doesn't return, it doesn't matter.

If it doesn't show up, something went wrong.

Not only that; when I fly autonomous missions with any app I like to manually climb above any local obstacles ( treeline and buildings) before sending to the first distant WP. Many have hit auto not thinking of the fact that the craft will fly a straight line to the first waypoint and may not get above obstacles.

The alternative is to set a first way point directly above takeoff point to get it above things before proceeding horizontally.
That's what I usually do.

Flown about 5 missions so far. It's pretty miraculous lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sar104
I don't know of anyone who has had a failed Litchi mission that didn't complete it successfully. That being as long as it didn't hit any obstacle. If you plan it correctly and leave some margin for error you won't have an issue.
Just enjoy the sweat whilst it's out of range.

So i just bought it and planned my first mission. I will try it in a bit but my question is this. I know the mission allows you to fly out of range of the video feed. when you lose the feed, do you still see the drone flying the mission along the plotted course?
Are you planning to deliberately fly out of range or just curious if you are, what happens?

It is entirely possible* to lose video without losing telemetry, in which case the app will still show location info but no video. I have personally seen this, so I'm not talking in the theoretical.

*likely, even, as telemetry requires much less available bandwidth than video

I am about to fly and I want to know... nobody will say if it does or doesn't in any of the forum posts I read.
No. It will not update position if AC is out of contact with TX. It will start barking disconnected and you'll start your rituals hoping your bird loves you and will return after you set it free.

I've been playing with the Litchi app, consuming tutorials and doing my homework. I'm really excited to go and test my first missions later this week. It clearly opens up a world of possibilities. Why would anyone moan at the price? It seems incredibly good value to me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Everything that you see on your app comes from the aircraft. If you completely lose the connection with the aircraft, you see NOTHING in the app. Your app will provide about as much flight information as a piece of wood. Okay?
Love it, actually made me laugh out loud.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj