Quick cheap solution to double or even triple the Phantom 4 range.

Reaction score
For those needing more range on the p4 and who own a 3D printer, this solution can double and triple the range of your aircraft, and also look professional, here is the file needed :
DJI Phantom 4 / 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster by giufini
For those who don`t have a 3D printer they can purchase similar designed products from ebay for under 15$, search for : ''Phantom 4 Windsurfer''
I use to do this with my Phantom 2 and 3 and was able to triple my directional range.

Enjoy :)

Reactions: Ramphex
Just ordered a set of these bad boys on Amazon for like $12. With Amazon Prime, it'll be here tomorrow for free.

Excited to try them out, going to do some range tests with them off and then once signal is fully lost, throw them on and see how much more range I'll get (battery permitted).

Reactions: KenRW and isopro
Never had one but Im iffy on these. Seem too gimmicky to me. Do they really work?
Yep. They work. Look up 'windsurfer'. Hundreds, if not thousands of posts here on it. You can roll your own or buy one or do both.

Reactions: isopro
Never had one but Im iffy on these. Seem too gimmicky to me. Do they really work?

You can Google cylindrical parabolic reflectors and learn their operating principles.

You can Google cylindrical parabolic reflectors and learn their operating principles.
Its the same principle, as the parabolic satellite antenna, if done and used properly it can give some significant increases in range and signal quality/penetration.

The typical satTV antenna is a dish type of reflector as opposed to the cylindrical "Windsurfer".
The former has a focal point while the latter has a focal axis.

Larger batteries will produce diminishing returns. They have likely found the 'sweet spot'.

The sweet spot does not refer to flight time.
If you ever design your own multirotor you'll have to consider many design goals. They all compete for each other.

The added flight time by bolting on more batteries comes at a weight penalty while increasing stresses.

The sweet spot does not refer to flight time.
If you ever design your own multirotor you'll have to consider many design goals. They all compete for each other.

The added flight time by bolting on more batteries comes at a weight penalty while increasing stresses.

Ok i understand what you mean, it probably also affect agility, etc..:)

Larger batteries will produce diminishing returns. They have likely found the 'sweet spot'.
That has not been my experience. I have added two 2800 mAh external batteries, weighing 247g each, in parallel with my internal P3 battery, and have increased flight times from 15 minutes at full speed to over 27 minutes at full speed with the original motors on over 100 flights with no issues. Doing the same with the P4 will likely convert the 16 minute flight time at full speed to much closer to the boasted 28 minutes.

That has not been my experience. I have added two 2800 mAh external batteries, weighing 247g each, in parallel with my internal P3 battery, and have increased flight times from 15 minutes at full speed to over 27 minutes at full speed with the original motors on over 100 flights with no issues. Doing the same with the P4 will likely convert the 16 minute flight time at full speed to much closer to the boasted 28 minutes.

And it was just as nimble with the extra weight?

There is a significant difference on my 250mm between a 1500mah, and a 1800mah when it comes to the way it flies. The 1800 flies longer, but it is sluggish, and I would assume it's the same for the p3.

Last edited:
Obviously any change of weight and balance will affect agility and other flight characteristics.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
This doesn't do anything to help range on my P4. It worked well for my P3P though

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers