Questions post crash

Reaction score
I made a very big mistake yesterday taking off in the center of a group of trees. I wasn't able to land and long story short the Phantom2 came down really hard. I watched the batter dislodge, when it hit. So I've run diagnostics and have no IMU errors. Snapped the landing gear (no big deal) but my concern is the gimbal.

One of the four mounting arms is bent, as seen in the picture I've attached. What's more concerning (and limiting me to actually determine is the gimbal received any damage) is the power wire-harness broke. All connectors are still there (as you can see in the picture) and the missing plastic was left in the gimbal. I was able to remove it and considered some crazy glue to try and salvage it.

So I have three questions and I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance. I had such a great day flying, to say my heart is broken right now is an understatement.

1) What are your thoughts on the bent arm. Can I try to bend back? Any suggestions on how to do it and how to level it?

2) What is the cord called and where can I buy it?

3) Is the other end of the [power] wire-harness soldered inside of the phantom2 or is it another wire-harness?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 526
Quick update, in case anyone else experiences the same. I wound up buying an hd3d. I really thought about heating the metal up and bending it back but in the end, I have too much money invested to experience another crash. Sorry no quick fixes.

I have simply bent the aluminum back with my hands. Everything worked fine. It's stiff but it'll bend right back.

Jeffro said:
I have simply bent the aluminum back with my hands. Everything worked fine. It's stiff but it'll bend right back.

Thanks, Jeffro. So no issues at all? I was scared into "flyaways".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj