Questions - Overhead and IOC

Buk

Reaction score
It is mentioned often flying overhead can lead to poor control of the Phantom. Is the area of concern conical shaped or cylindrical.

Conical meaning from a point at the transmitter antenna to a circle of say 50 feet diameter at 400 feet height.

(had a crude drawing, but not allow to make an attachments)

I don't believe I've read anyone mentioning when flying in Home Lock the Phantom flies at half speed even with full throttle at the stick. Is this an energy saving measure? Or why is speed limited, at least on my version 1 Phantom.

Thanks,

I also wondered about the straight-up radio pattern after I first read a similar question on here recently.

Given that 95% of the Phantom owners take their birds up over their heads (The higher they go the more into this as-yet mythical conical dead zone) for a large proportion of the time, I find it hard to imagine more hasn't been mentioned of it being a problem, if it were.

I test fly my quads in a relatively small field and rarely take the things outside the confines of the land although I nearly always take them up to 100ft Plus. I never experienced any hint of a control issue with the stock controller while my head was wrenched backward looking directly up. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic