Questions from a newbie.

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I have couple of questions. ill be glad if you can help me

What are the switches S1 and S2 with their 3 positions doing? (couldn't find a nice simple explanation on the net, everyone everywhere uses the terminology like FPV and etc. i dont understand)
If i'm a newbie and i dont want to try any Naza and pro modes, what position should i leave them in?

I tried flying high, at the open area in the middle of the city. Once after 70, and another time after 100 meters it said thats the signal is weak and signal was being lost. I know i can make it go up to 500 meters, so how is it possible then?

When i am making the HOME return, it lands the same place, like 10-15 meters away from the place it took off. I have it set to Home Return and Failsafe (30 meters, but it still didnt went up) So how can i adjust this, so it lands precisely closer to the place it took off?

Have you thoroughly read the User Manual? Phantom 3 Standard Download Center | DJI

It has some fairly detailed descriptions of the uses of the S1 and S2 switches?

As a new user, put them in the upmost positions and leave them there.

Are you talking about 70 and 100 meters straight up? The antenna signal is weakest at that point. Fly out away from you a bit and make sure the antenna is pointed at the Phantom.

How far away is the Phantom when you are initiating Return to Home?

Have you thoroughly read the User Manual? Phantom 3 Standard Download Center | DJI

It has some fairly detailed descriptions of the uses of the S1 and S2 switches?

As a new user, put them in the upmost positions and leave them there.

Are you talking about 70 and 100 meters straight up? The antenna signal is weakest at that point. Fly out away from you a bit and make sure the antenna is pointed at the Phantom.

How far away is the Phantom when you are initiating Return to Home?
Thanks for replying.
I'll just leave them both up.

Yes thats exactly what i did, right from the top of my head and up high in the sky. I'll try next time a bit "diagonal"

Phantom was like maybe 10 meters high in the sky. Wasnt it supposed to go up 30 meters, and after land? Or at least land the same place? not 10 meters away?

When u power up the quad, try letting it warm up, set home position, and acquire satilites. How many Sats. Did you have? Stay in beninger mode, and fly in a big area.

When u power up the quad, try letting it warm up, set home position, and acquire satilites. How many Sats. Did you have? Stay in beninger mode, and fly in a big area.
That's exactly how i did it. It set the home position itself. Satelites were around 9-10. Beginer mode doesnt let me go more then 30 meters up

If you are less than 20 meters away, it will land where it is when you initiate RTH.
Is there a way of chaging that setting, to decrease 20 meters to maybe 5?

Was out now again. Tried what you said about not straight up flying.
So, once it still did Weak signal on me, around 70meters, and it was a bit diagonal flying way.

2nd time, i tried to make it fly even further, around 70 meters away from me , and it went 120 meters up(which was my max in setting at that moment), and exactly at 120meters it lost signal and started coming back.(possible because that was my limit from settings?) Which is still way less then 500 meters. The area was the park in the middle of city, with the mountains behind it, so not TOO much of radio interf. around. Any suggestions, advice?

Thanks

And 3rd.
When only 3 satellite and its aTTI mode. Is it too dangerous to fly it or a person with at least a little experience can handle it?

Is there a way of chaging that setting, to decrease 20 meters to maybe 5?

Was out now again. Tried what you said about not straight up flying.
So, once it still did Weak signal on me, around 70meters, and it was a bit diagonal flying way.

2nd time, i tried to make it fly even further, around 70 meters away from me , and it went 120 meters up(which was my max in setting at that moment), and exactly at 120meters it lost signal and started coming back.(possible because that was my limit from settings?) Which is still way less then 500 meters. The area was the park in the middle of city, with the mountains behind it, so not TOO much of radio interf. around. Any suggestions, advice?

Thanks

RTH initiates on lost remote signal, you get the weak remote signal first as a warning. The weak remote signal doesn't show up in the flight log. The altitude setting won't effect it. It will display maximum altitude reached and will not let you go higher.

RTH initiates on lost remote signal, you get the weak remote signal first as a warning. The weak remote signal doesn't show up in the flight log. The altitude setting won't effect it. It will display maximum altitude reached and will not let you go higher.
So whats the suggestion? How can i fly up more then 100 meters without losing signal messages?

So thats after they replaced it for you?
Yep

What else besides bad unit can be the fault of my weak remote signal?
Just interference, like wi-fi. People keep saying they way you should hold the remote, but that only happens at the greater distances. You should be able to go up 400' and out 1000' with the remote up your ***.

They replaced the remote and the PS3, I didn't find out what was wrong. I didn't send the mobile holder on the remote, so now I have two.

If you see it, it should see you.

Here is a couple more links, if you hadn't seen these, took me while to find them.

RC Signal Lost | DJI Phantom Forum

Back in the Saddle... | DJI Phantom Forum

My best 3 Runs from 57 flights | DJI Phantom Forum

Oh, look for some post PS3 and broken antenna. The antenna wire is to short.

Just interference, like wi-fi. People keep saying they way you should hold the remote, but that only happens at the greater distances. You should be able to go up 400' and out 1000' with the remote up your ***.

They replaced the remote and the PS3, I didn't find out what was wrong. I didn't send the mobile holder on the remote, so now I have two.

If you see it, it should see you.

Here is a couple more links, if you hadn't seen these, took me while to find them.

RC Signal Lost | DJI Phantom Forum

Back in the Saddle... | DJI Phantom Forum

My best 3 Runs from 57 flights | DJI Phantom Forum

Oh, look for some post PS3 and broken antenna. The antenna wire is to short.
Thanks.
On all links that you gave me, ppl have worse situations where copters loses sognal after 30 meters. With me its at least 120 m, which i still hope can be due to the interference.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

View your flight logs, make some notes distances, elevation when RTH kicks in. Weak remote signal doesn't get logged. Remote loss does. So after RTH kicks in you can cancel by pressing right switch down. I put the switch back up to return to GPS mode.

Also my unit hovering at the weak point and holding the remote solid, the signal level would bounce Good, Bad, Weak, Lost etc. I also set my unit out a long distance on a tall chair or plastic garbage can, didn't even need to fly it to see it fail.

I called a friend asked him if he had a spectrum analyzer, he did but it didn't go up to the 5.8 ghz freq.

Very frustrating

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20