Questions before I order

Reaction score
Hello all. Phantom n00b here. A Phantom has been on my wish list for some time. I'm finally ready to order one and now see that there is a Phantom 2. I've also got a GoPro Hero 2 that I had planned to use. So with that, just a couple of question before I hit buy.

Going by Amazon (I've got a coupon and gift cards), the P2 is $250 more. $429 (after coupon) vs $679. I'm pricing the P2 without the gimbal as it only works for a GoPro Hero 3, correct? Is the P2 worth that extra $250? The proprietary and expensive batteries are a huge turn off however 20min flight times are a lot nicer than 8min flight times. And, do the GoPro 2 mounts work on the P2? I can see me upgrading to an H3 later on but would really like to use my H2 in the meantime. I don't need a FPV or gimball set up just yet as I'm sure I've got a lot of learning to do.

So, P1 for $429 or P2 for $679? Orr.... P1 and spend the money I saved in upgrading it?

get the p2 and dont look back. the ease of use on it and pre wiring of everything also the batteries being able to just slide right in is such a nice plus over the p1

Cool. I went ahead and ordered it. Now, how can I attach my gopro 2 to it? Just a mount for now. I'll wait until later for a gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik