Questions about using New P2V+ and Ground Station

Reaction score
I just received my first phantom P2V+ yesterday. I downloaded the DJI Vision app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (which is up to date with android). I launch the app and enabled ground station in the settings. While still connected to my cell providers (no wifi on) I click on Camera. Once the camera screen loads and says "Phantom Connection Broken" I swipe to the left. The map tries to load. The border with all the typical buttons that are on the screen for ground station are all there. But before the map can load. The screen switches back to the camera screen (without me doing anything). I have tried restarting my phone, as well as uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app.

Any advice???

Also if i turn on the phantom and connect to the Wifi I get the same result. It just keeps sending me back to the camera screen

Try caching the maps before you leave home on your home wifi. Open GS without Phantom being on, go to GS and find your location where you are going to fly. Zoom all the way in and then back out, and cache the surrounding area also. Then see if it works in the field. I'd start there.

Jstic said:
Try caching the maps before you leave home on your home wifi. Open GS without Phantom being on, go to GS and find your location where you are going to fly. Zoom all the way in and then back out, and cache the surrounding area also. Then see if it works in the field. I'd start there.

Same thing happens when i am connected to my home Wifi. When i swipe over to the map screen it just pushes me back to the camera screen.

Jstic said:
You running ALL the latest firmware on your P2V+?

See attached. I beleive everything is up to date. Repeated same steps on my womans S4 without a hitch (other than apparently i live inside a restricted area). I was able to cash a map and set way points (way points where in red and wouldnt fly becuase im in restricted area, but it apears everything else worked as it was supposed to)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    48.9 KB · Views: 533
Is the wifi connected to the phantom on your phone? you say wifi was off but it needs to stay connected to to phantom at all times.

I have the same equipment (stock p2v+ / Galaxy S5), and had the same problems.

Success after the following steps, (works as expected):

1. My home is located at the edge of restricted airspace. The DJI equipment prevented Ground Station from working at my home (symptoms as you described).
2. At another flying field, with no airspace restrictions, I connected all equipment (as normal). On the Galaxy S5:
2.1 WiFi enabled (obviously).
2.2 Mobile Data checked. (Internet connection to d/l maps)
2.3 Location enabled. (To get map centered on THIS area)
2.4 Swipe to Ground Station, gesture zoom as necessary, cache map.
2.5 Turn off Location. (Prevents further map d/l activity) ... Maybe unchecking Mobile Data would be useful at this point(?)
2.6 Input flight plan: speed, waypoints, altitude, location.
2.7 Review flight plan ("Done").
3. Everything ready to launch flight plan (just hit "Go").

So two things created issues:
1. MUST be in unrestricted airspace!
2. Toggling "Location" (or maybe even better, uncheck "Mobile Data," didn't try that!), was necessary to keep from reloading map (possibly interfering with WiFi connection to Phantom).

I have run several successful Ground Station Missions with this method / equipment. A nice feature: The flight plan can be re-run, it remains until theDJI Vision / Ground Station app is closed, so it could be tweaked if desired. A downside is that a flight plan can not be created at home, later loaded or implemented at the flying field. I COULD load high level maps, zoom NEAR the flying field, but I could not zoom to a level sufficient for adding the waypoints, it automatically flips to the Phantom Connection Broken Screen, and will return to the max zoomed out screen.

Good Luck!

-Dale-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers