Questions about phantom 2 vision

Reaction score
Hi i have a phantom fc40 and i am going to get a vision and i have some questions. 1 how do i turn on IOC is it the same way as the phantom fc40 2 how do i avoid the dreaded invalid battery problem? 3 Is compass calibration the same before gps lock or after?

Fullmetalarmour,
IOC becomes functional when you set the Vision to NAZA mode via the DJI Assistant software. In NAZA mode, the S2 switch will allow for "Course Lock" at the center position and "Home Lock" in the down position. Upper position simply turns off IOC functions.
As far as the invalid battery issues - you may have to search the forum for more info on this. I have never had a problem with this warning and I have had my Vision for over a year!
Compass calibration is the same spin cycle regardless if you are in Phantom mode (GPS) or NAZA mode.

As far as firmware - If you are purchasing a new Vision it may come with the latest firmware on board. If it doesn't, simply plugging your Vision into the assistant software will allow it to search for the latest firmware to install. This should get you up to date with all the latest fixes.

Thanks is atti mode standard to on the vision or must i turn that on i start and land in atti on the fc40 i think i use atti mode the most so its important too.

Thanks for the replys that's not so good that the vision requires change in the software to activate atti mode but mabye the vision is made easier for people that's newer flew a quad before but in my opinion take off and land is easier in atti mode.

I have new questions i am going to get the phantom 2 vision tomorrow probably do i get the 9450 props? Do i get the new battery pins? Do i get the new motors?

Fullmetalarmour said:
Thanks for the replys that's not so good that the vision requires change in the software to activate atti mode but mabye the vision is made easier for people that's newer flew a quad before but in my opinion take off and land is easier in atti mode.
I would agree with that thought. Having all the switches in an active mode to start with would surly cause many that don't learn first how to operate your quad even more problems. Call it a safety feature.

So now I got the Phantom 2 Vision i got the older props why did I get the older model? But it doesn't matter they works great.

Fullmetalarmour said:
So now I got the Phantom 2 Vision i got the older props why did I get the older model? But it doesn't matter they works great.
Well, it all depends on what stock the dealer has at that time. I'm sure they are not going to send back what they have just to get the new in.

Fullmetalarmour - Welcome to the P2V by an satisfied owner of one for nearly a year. I don't think you need new motors, new battery pins or 9450 props. Well, you can get them if you want, but otherwise just fly it and have fun. You may be dissatisfied with it if you want to take good videos, but it takes good stills, which is what I want. Let us know what you end up doing.

Thanks I have the new battery pins at least. It fly good but the last picture was little worse I don't know if it was the sun or just imagination. This season in Sweden is not good for Phantom flying especially if I want to fly both my fc40 and p2v my fingers gets cold.

Great Pumpkin said:
Fullmetalarmour - Welcome to the P2V by an satisfied owner of one for nearly a year. I don't think you need new motors, new battery pins or 9450 props. Well, you can get them if you want, but otherwise just fly it and have fun. You may be dissatisfied with it if you want to take good videos, but it takes good stills, which is what I want. Let us know what you end up doing.

don't mean to interrupt this thread but do you regularly clean your battery contacts as I've read most people on here recommend or are you just flying and having fun without doing much maintenance?

1st_Time_Flyer:
I look at the battery pins about every third or fourth flight. I cleaned them once in maybe 60 flights when they looked a little dirty. I don't generally fly where I kick up a lot of dirt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers