Questions about formatting/ cache files

As a rule, if you don't want to use the cache, later on, better turn it off.

Formatting a card erases the contents on it. Anytime you want to erase it, you can format it. There are two types common formatting: Quick and Full. In quick formatting only data tables are removed so that no program can reference your info whereas in full formatting each and every bit is formatted and thus data is not recoverable. Quick formatting is good enough for most of the time. Full formatting ensures that that storage is not fragmented though that doesn't matter much as no one usually runs the video files directly from SD card.

If you want to keep the video files on SD card, you don't need to format it but in this case at one point of time your card will be full with your videos. You can always save the videos on external media and delete the videos from card. It's your choice.

Video Cache on mobile device saves your video stream for later use. You can set a limit of 2GB for auto deletion. Cache is only good if you want to run videos of 720p nature on your mobile device. You can turn it off too so that no video cache will be retained. I'm not sure if retaining video cache will affect the performance to a great degree but yes if the processors are slow, you might notice a dent. I always keep cache on with 2GB limit on my old iPad mini 2 and I didn't see any noticeable degradation on the performance.

Along with what alokbhargava said, you may want to replay what you took a video of in the off situation where someone said you were taking a video of them, you can play it back for them and put them at ease.

Along with what alokbhargava said, you may want to replay what you took a video of in the off situation where someone said you were taking a video of them, you can play it back for them and put them at ease.
Ok..this is the part that is so frustrating . I just did a test video. Recorded in 4k. Pulled SD card out, downloaded to computer, uploaded to Utube. On my computer I could only view it 720p...I watched the video from my phone and I was able to watch it in 1440p

If I upload to Utube does it automatically upload it in 4k or do I need to set the parameters inside Utube. I hope I'm making sense . I'm pretty computer literate until it comes to editing and these kind of problems. I don't have alot of experience in that area. I'm just going off what everyone else says. Don't upload from my phone or tablet . Pull SD card and download to computer and move it from there.

So the cache part is the playback portion?

Ok..this is the part that is so frustrating . I just did a test video. Recorded in 4k. Pulled SD card out, downloaded to computer, uploaded to Utube. On my computer I could only view it 720p...I watched the video from my phone and I was able to watch it in 1440p
I noticed if I directly upload it to you tube, it loads only upto 720p but if I use iMovie to upload, it loads 4K. It just means that you need to research how to upload to 4K using your app.

Ok I will spend sometime and get you solution. Happy!

I noticed if I directly upload it to you tube, it loads only upto 720p but if I use iMovie to upload, it loads 4K. It just means that you need to research how to upload to 4K using your app.

Ok I will spend sometime and get you solution. Happy!
Haha!!! Your awesome! In the meantime I will make a few phone calls. Thanks !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj