Question...

Reaction score
What will (or can) happen to someone if they were stupid and used their drone for 15 min at a wedding they were hired for and did not realize he/she was 4 miles away from an airport in Class C airspace? Now, no judging. Please. It was a mistake since the client was a friend and kept asking to see the drone work. Can this person be in trouble in any way after the fact? No "near misses," but noticed the aircraft were landing in this route. 4 miles out, probably 1000-1500 ft. Drone never went above 400. Does the tower see it? Would anyone report it so far out? I am having less fun with this thing the more I worry about where I am.

no harm no foul but you have learned a lesson from it this time

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I would be more worried about being reported for accepting a fee for service than flying 4 miles from an airport (if i wasnt appropriately licenced). Not to mention liability if there was a misshap and a guest at the wedding was injured.

Reactions: mdowney58
I would be more worried about being reported for accepting a fee for service than flying 4 miles from an airport (if i wasnt appropriately licenced). Not to mention liability if there was a misshap and a guest at the wedding was injured.
he didn't say anyone was hurt so what if doesn't count

Lesson learned. No reprimands please. Nobody was injured. I am far less concerned with flying a drone at an event away from people than being in class C airspace.
No reprimand intended. Simply offering additional considerations as you seem to be intent on following guidlines.

Kind of an incomplete OP. You didn't mention the pilot's COA. He has one, right? If so, isn't the rule three miles from an airport, not five? I guess the pilot would know this, though, since he has a COA.

Without a COA, I'd imagine the FAA would want to investigate if they found out about it.

Check this: Minnesota Man Faces $55K in Fines After Flying Drone

yes to some people put away tare and feathers he understood what he did wrong

yes to some people put away tare and feathers he understood what he did wrong
Perhaps you are not paying attention. Nobody is trying to dictate how the OP conducts himself. At least i can say im not. I offered some freindly well intentioned advice that may prove useful. I am thankful to those who have made suggestions to me in the past that saved me a lot of potential greif. I have also consciously ignored a lot of it. I may well ignore some of it when i fly later today.

You dont need to be scared. You have already said you didnt charge a fee and you werent flying over people. Relax and enjoy! In case you missed it the intent of my post was to inform you of other potential considerations.

No read above. Error in judgement. No harm. Lesson learned. No uploading or selling any images taken.
I guess you didn't click on the link. If you had, you'd have learned that it doesn't matter if you had an error in judgement. I doesn't matter if you caused no harm. It doesn't matter what lesson you learned. It doesn't matter if you uploaded anything or sold anything.

Come on guys let's not keep poking at each other and get this thread back on track.

What will (or can) happen to someone if they were stupid and used their drone for 15 min at a wedding they were hired for and did not realize he/she was 4 miles away from an airport in Class C airspace? Now, no judging. Please. It was a mistake since the client was a friend and kept asking to see the drone work. Can this person be in trouble in any way after the fact? No "near misses," but noticed the aircraft were landing in this route. 4 miles out, probably 1000-1500 ft. Drone never went above 400. Does the tower see it? Would anyone report it so far out? I am having less fun with this thing the more I worry about where I am.
Man up. Quit admitting it in a public forum. To late to do anything about it now. Learning experience.

I think that if someone asks a serious question, that it is everyone's duty to guide him/her in the right direction. I think that @With The Birds and @Marknmd were taking the correct adult stand and giving solid advice.
"No harm, no foul" is not giving any advice or guidance...imho

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik