Question

Reaction score
i have a question. I'm almost done with flight training for ppl and I am getting married in Jan. I am having an aircraft themed wedding and my party wants to decorate the aircraft like a car. We are flying off instead of driving. It'll be a cessna 152. Is there any regulations saying what can and cannot be affixed to the outside of the aircraft? Streamers, writing on Windows, banners? Can't find anything.

I want to know any regs before I even ask.
Daniel,
You should discuss with your flight instructor, but the basic answers is "No, you can not attach or modify the airframe in any way". To do so would require an STC (supplemental type certificate).

Now if you are going to remove all of the writing, banners, streamers, etc. before you actual fly the aircraft you should be okay, assuming you own the aircraft.

Of course I can not imagine a flight school allowing any third party to get any where near or to touch the aircraft.

A better idea would be to give them a photo of the aircraft and use photoshop to modify the image with banners, writing, etc.

You almost have your private pilot license and you don't comprehend the aerodynamic principles of drag, and how attaching tin cans and streamers would increase the risk of killing your new spouse in a crash? Yikes...

Stickers maybe... Window markers maybe... Attachments a bad idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers