Question

Reaction score
Hi guys could someone please tell me how far my pv2 can go before it will lose connection with the remote ? Cheers Dave

In the real world... until it loses connection with the remote.
The formulas for calculating the range of radio systems filled many pages in my communications engineering class. There are dozens of variables that go into the calculations from transmitter ERP to receiver sensitivity. The HAAT (Height above Average Terrain) was one of the most significant determinants. Other variables were the Fresnel Zone, the earth's curvature and effects from refraction in the atmosphere.

In other words, there is no single answer to the question. In general, if you can see the drone, you are probably OK.

Depends on your antenna and terrain. Over land and with obsticles the range is reduced. Flat land and over water you get better range. With antenna mods you can increase the range. You have two concerns. One with the RC and control and the other with the video FPV range. Both may or may not be the same. My video would drop out before my controls. Changed my antenna and picked up three time my distance. I have a lot of trees that are 125+ ft tall so I have to fly 200+ ft high to keep contact or else I get RTH due to loos of signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl