Question

Reaction score
Hi there guys . When video feed from my vision 2 to my iPhone 6 is lost will I still receive flight info like hight , distance , speed and orientation?

No,
Everything on phone will just freeze, no telemetry at all! Has happened to me before, and is quite scary, especially if your out of line of sight!
Sometimes it comes back online, other times I have to shut down, restart , to get it back! I'm sure your phone settings have s lot to do with that, as when my connection breaks, the phone tries to revert back to my home wifi, instead of reconnecting to phantom, other times it comes back!
Hope this helps, there are antenna mods, re700 extender, and boosters to improve reception for farther flights without losing FPV!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
No,
Everything on phone will just freeze, no telemetry at all! Has happened to me before, and is quite scary, especially if your out of line of sight!
Sometimes it comes back online, other times I have to shut down, restart , to get it back! I'm sure your phone settings have s lot to do with that, as when my connection breaks, the phone tries to revert back to my home wifi, instead of reconnecting to phantom, other times it comes back!
Hope this helps, there are antenna mods, re700 extender, and boosters to improve reception for farther flights without losing FPV!

J Dot
Thanks j dot

Hi ,I have another question. What height and how do I set it? If I need to rely on return to home , what is an ideal hight it should be set to,too avoid everything ? Cheers.

You set it in according to your surroundings, if you are around tall buildings, set it higher than the tallest building, same thing no matter where you are at, if you got 60' trees, set it to 75-80'? Up to you! I set mine up in PC ASSISTANT, when I hook my phantom up to it, I'm not sure if you can do it through the app? Or not?
You'll just have to use your best judgement , depending on what's around where you fly! Mine is set to 100' but I'm not around any buildings, only oak, and pine trees, tallest on maybe 60'? ( guessing? ) but nothing around even close to 100' ( by my location ) hope this helps!

J Dot

Yes,
On my way to work right now, but when I get off work, I'll tell you how to set it up! But yes, very easy!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok,
You can't change it in your app, at least not that I can see, I see where it tells you what it is set to, but that was it!
To set
Hook phantom to PC ASSISTANT via USB CABLE! Once hooked up, and communicating, you'll want the ADVANCED tab, under that you want LIMITS tab, then finally choose GO-HOME ALT.
at top you can set FEET, METERS, or miles, then under that you set the height!
It's always good to POWER CYCLE your bird after you make any changes ( while still hooked to assistant ) that way you can look to make sure new settings take, and are saved correctly! Pretty easy!
LOL,
I love mine, only had one kinda crash, it was a hard landing due to aftermarket props, I was coming down quick, I tried to pull up, but bird kept going down, bounced off the concrete, nearly detaching my camera! I've also had 2 strange events, weird light patterns, motors would not start, but cleared up on its own, and all fine! Still can't explain? But I would not trade it for the world!:D

Here is my newest project
CFFEE3EA-EEE1-44B3-A7AD-0D600EDC16D7_zpsrccmcams.jpg

Complete build from scratch! Going to be fun!

Jerry

What settings should I use when setting up best camera setting for my pv2 ie: 1080 ?

1080p at 30fps is best and avoid the 60fps 1080i as its interlaced and you will see screen tearing if you turn the drone and doesn't look nice :D

Also " 1080i " format is not compatible with iOS devices! I agree 1080p 30fps, 60fps makes my phone lag!

J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4