Question regarding "Strong interference detected don't fly to far" message

Reaction score
What exactly does this mean to me. Does it mean if the signal gets lost, it won't be able to return to home properly or it just means I can lose signal/

What exactly does this mean to me. Does it mean if the signal gets lost, it won't be able to return to home properly or it just means I can lose signal/
Lost signal won't affect RTH.
It might just be that there's some interference near the launch point and things will improve if you fly away from it.
Keep an eye on it to see if the warning stays or goes away.

Lost signal won't affect RTH.
It might just be that there's some interference near the launch point and things will improve if you fly away from it.
Keep an eye on it to see if the warning stays or goes away.

That's what I'm asking, does strong interence mean between the drone and the compas or between the remote and the drone. If it's the remote, than it's all good it will RTH properly but if it's screwing up the drone RTH localasition system that's not good.

That's what I'm asking, does strong interence mean between the drone and the compas or between the remote and the drone. If it's the remote, than it's all good it will RTH properly but if it's screwing up the drone RTH localasition system that's not good.
If it's a compass issue the message will make that clear and tell you it's magnetic interference.
But if it just says interference, that's coming from the wifi and radio emissions around you.
I've flown in an inner city location a couple of times and always get that at launch (because the interference source is very close) but when I get 20 metres away, the interference is gone.

If it's a compass issue the message will make that clear and tell you it's magnetic interference.
But if it just says interference, that's coming from the wifi and radio emissions around you.
I've flown in an inner city location a couple of times and always get that at launch (because the interference source is very close) but when I get 20 metres away, the interference is gone.

Ok thanks

if the interference is the naval yard broadcasting control signals again, compass could be next.
Time to invest $10 on a scanner and see what is going on.

if the interference is the naval yard broadcasting control signals again, compass could be next.
Time to invest $10 on a scanner and see what is going on.

Huh? I'm not quite sure what you mean. I fly in the city so I don't think there is a "naval yard"

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan