Question re: Litchi app crash behavior

Reaction score
From what I've seen around here, there are quite a few people using the Litchi DJI App to control their drones.

I recently bought the app, but during setup (indoors, drone on the ground) the app crashed several times. My question is: If the app crashes outdoors while the drone is a long ways away, will the drone treat that as a loss of signal and RTH, or something else?

I just want to check before I'm out there using it and something bad happens as a result of a crash.

Thanks!

There are many threads regarding a conflict between Go & Litchi
Everyone here recommends "forcing closed" the app NOT in use.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It could see it as return to home but it could also just hover. I have litchi and it is useful. Due to the new update you can return to home if the drone loses signal. If the app crashes it might just hover where it is. When I close litchi and open Dji go the drone just hovers. So the answer will be that it will just hover where it is.

Thanks for the replies. I'll make sure the DJI GO app is closed, and as long as the drone hovers or RTH I'm comfortable with occasional issues. I just don't want the thing to decide it's time to take a trip :p Overall the Litchi app seems to close the feature gap to where I'd like it to be, so hopefully it works out well. :)

I go one step further. If I want to switch app from go<-->litchi, I force close all apps and reboot the (android) phone. Only way to guarantee that one app isn't competing with the other. Had no issues since I started doing it

Good to know, I've been trying to deal with those two apps on my Android. Ended up getting rid of Go...having both in the android didn't work, only on, either one works on the device at a time even with the other turned off completely. I do, however, use both on the ipad.

You don't need to reboot every time but you can use a app called shut app from Google play store. It force closes all the apps you don't need. Just click on that and let it close everything and open litchi. No problems with any crashing of app.

You don't need to reboot every time but you can use a app called shut app from Google play store. It force closes all the apps you don't need. Just click on that and let it close everything and open litchi. No problems with any crashing of app.
Yep. Thats what I use as well. It WILL close any program you want it to.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20