Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Question: Other remote and receiver.....

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Nazgul, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Nazgul

Hi guys

I have a question: Is anybody use someone other than the original DJI transmitter?
    I whant to use may FRSky TARANIS ( 2.4 GHz ) remote control with my PV2+ and I what to know if some trouble may come during the flight.
    I whant to use a 2,4 GHZ SBus receiver (FRSky X4RSB 2.4GHz 3/16-Channel) ant the original DJI telemetry and video hardware ( WIFI 2,4GHZ , DJI android app etc.)
    Is anyone used a similar configuration?
    If yes you encountered some problems?

Thanks

2. Dirty Bird

It is going to be problematic because the FPV is operating on 2.4 Ghz also. You are not going to get good control range with both control & FPV on the 2.4 Ghz frequency.

3. Nazgul

Yes I know that.
    That's why I asked the question.
    But I saw many video clips with PV2+ crashing and I ask myself why is happening that.
    It is happening because the 5.8Ghz RX/TX ; because in FPV 5.8GHz if you have some obstacles between RX and TX you lose/or verry bad the video signal.

4. Dirty Bird

If everything works according to design, when the bird loses contact with the controller it should stop, wait a few seconds for the control signal to resume, and then RTH if the signal is not reestablished. Not to say this guarantees a successful RTH as, depending on where this occurs, there may be an obstacle along the way that causes a crash. Personally, while my bird has lost control signal at long range, It has never behaved unexpectedly or crashed due to the loss of control signal. The two incidents I have experienced were both due to batteries prematurely/unexpectedly running low on power.

5. Nazgul

Have you encountered problems with loss of connection between WIFI extender and PV2+ or has happened that you can not control the gimbal?