question on gopro simultaneous pictures and video

Reaction score
I'm wondering what gopro settings you guys use for simultaneously taking pictures and video without getting a black screen on your FPV monitor when the gopro takes it's pictures.

Thanks for the info

Regular time lapse mode will give you the black screen each time it takes a picture. To avoid this use the simultaneous picture and video mode.
54j0a0.png

based on the references to protune & 1440p res. I'm assuming this can only be done on a go-pro 3+ black?

Looking for an answer for my problem and saw your post, New to FPV Running P2 with gopro 3 Balck, Zenmuse H3-3d, IRC 600mw, isod mini, Black pearl 7” (RC801)Diversity RX and when I’m recording or taking stills with timer on gopro I’m losing my live video feed, still have flight data and record light from gopro just no live feed…….is this the same problem you are having? If so following closely and searching for an answer.

Yes it works great. I tested it today. I had no interruption in my video feed that I could tell. When I was done I had both the video files and many photos.

I thought that I had read somewhere that the picture quality isn't has good in this mode as it is in standard time lapse mode. Can anyone confirm this? Or would it be just as good to put the GoPro in 4k or 2.7k vid mode and grab stills from that? I've personally found that grabbing stills from the video just doesn't look that great - or at least not nearly as good as I've seen others post.

Tom said:
when I’m recording or taking stills with timer on gopro I’m losing my live video feed

This is normal operational behavior with a GoPro. The video feed will drop out when the photo is taken.

Jebus said:
I thought that I had read somewhere that the picture quality isn't has good in this mode as it is in standard time lapse mode. Can anyone confirm this? Or would it be just as good to put the GoPro in 4k or 2.7k vid mode and grab stills from that? I've personally found that grabbing stills from the video just doesn't look that great - or at least not nearly as good as I've seen others post.

Yea, video + stills mode basically takes a video screen grab. You'll get better quality in time lapse mode but you'll have the screen go black when it captures. I actually prefer that feature because I know exactly when the photo is snapped.

That's what I thought that I had read somewhere. Thanks for the confirmation Mike!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl