Question,,, low level flying.

Reaction score
Hi,, I am a new drone owner. I am registered, and want to fly responsibly. I have a question. We are on a trip to see the wonderful Texas spring bluebonnets and wild flowers. I am using the B4youfly app to find acceptable flying areas. We drove 8hours yesterday,,, and could not find any "clear" flight space to launch. My question is ,, are there restrictions on low level flying around "unmanned" private airfields if you are only flying below 50 ft?? The shots I want are low level flying around the flowers. I want to follow all the requirements,,,,, but. I would like to be able to fly somewhere ! Help !!

are there restrictions on low level flying around "unmanned" private airfields if you are only flying below 50 ft??

I think this might help you out Can you fly your drone within 5 miles of an airport? -

If you know where the particular airfield is or have a phone number for them - you can call them and let them know the area you will be flying and the altitude you will be flying at. From what I read they are very appreciable that you contacted them prior to flying in these areas.

Doubtful they would worry about a 50 foot altitude.

Yes! airmap.io . B4UFLY sucks.

Thanks so much ! I will give it a try. I did get some flight time the next day. It was beautiful flying weather. We were close to Shiner Texas ! AFTER the batteries were used up. We were so close to the brewery we had to go for a tour and a wee sample . Oh yea a farmer on a tractor driving by gave me a big thumbs up while in the air !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31