Question for Carbon Prop owners

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just received my DJI carbon reinforced props for my P3P (got them because they look cool), putting them on this morning on 3 of the motors they spin freely and then can be hand tightened as per normal but on one of my silver motors the prop is quite sticky going on.

I thought it might be the prop so i checked with the other silver motor and it goes on fine there so that suggests the motor thread but then i tried the original white props on sai motor and it spins completely freely.

So i guess there must be a very subtle difference in the thread on the carbon props and the tollerances are such that on this one motor its catching a bit, I just wanted to ask if anyone elese had this experience at all and if it eased over time ?

Thanks,

R

mine came yesterday, i experienced the same feeling. also with one prop. flight was oke though

Attachments

• 1452881873280.jpg
    1452881873280.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 812
I'll let you know next week after I install the CF props.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cool thanks both, it seems to tighten ok just strange it's inconsistent, appreciate the feedback

It sounds like the threads on one of your carbon fiber props isn't as uniform as the others and is fitting a little too tight. Don't risk it tho and get a replacement.

My DJI CF's go on easy. They will spin freely going on until they are 90% down then I do a quick hand tightening. No issues. I'll post a pic if you like.

I just ordered them as well and will go buy my Phantom on saturday, once installed i'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think if the props are built to strong it would be catastrophic on the motors if you should contact anything in flight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

@Suntana I've tipped on a windy landing and I did a CSC I'm sure the motors tried to spin briefly... But the props were not damaged in any way that I can see not even a scratch and I checked them on my balance and they are still perfect. So not sure what you mean exactly about "catastrophic to the motors."

I'm sure if I hit a brick wall with my phantom there'd be damage to motors and props? Maybe more than nylon? But a crash like that is going to be serious for more than just motors and props...

I never had any issue with CF. they were all smooth.

It will be fine. I use cf reinforced ones now also and they are superb. However I used the original props for months and one of them was stiffer on the thread than the others.....No problems at all and I've still got them as spares.

I've got a set on mine and they run smoother than the originals. Rock solid stable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav