Question about the return to home feature.

Here's a snipet below from this page:
GPS.gov: GPS Accuracy

"The accuracy of the GPS signal in space is actually the same for both the civilian GPS service (SPS) and the military GPS service (PPS). However, SPS broadcasts on one frequency, while PPS uses two. This means military users can perform ionospheric correction, a technique that reduces radio degradation caused by the Earth's atmosphere. With less degradation, PPS provides better accuracy than the basic SPS."

I presume you would have to drag that box wherever you go if you want to use that feature. Not sure about the Skywatch setup, but it would not have the features of the Phantom. The controls for the Phantom would allow you to land in a 30cm circle every time. I don't see the need to have accuracy beyond that. Not sure DJI would ever offer that technology.

I may have missed it, but did anyone mention that you can use the RTH to bring the Phantom back close to you, and then hold the RTH button again and cancel the feature? It will hover right where it is (at any altitude, including a couple of feet above the ground).

Then you can manually land it exactly where you want, including on a landing pad.

I'm also fascinated how many folks say they have tippy landings. They fixed the VPS in the last firmware update, since then I've had flawless auto- and RTH landings, as well many glass-smooth completely-manual landings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj