Question about the Phantom Pro 4

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Done Fanatics-
I have owned a Phantom 4 for about 6 months and absolutely love it. So much so that I decided to bite the bullet and invest in a new Phantom 4 Pro. I received it earlier this week and took it out to fly after programming and registering it. I turned on the Video Record prior to launching it and was concerned when it took off and the video on the built-in monitor started flickering and it started showing minor pixelation. I immediately brought it back to home and viewed the video that had been recorded. What I saw was a video that had lots of stumbling- with the playback stopping and starting erratically. It looked very much like my older Phantom 4 when I had an SD Card that was not fast enough to support proper playback. I also inserted another SD card just in case the SD Card was defective. No luck. I immediately got in touch with DJI Support through the Chat feature and they had me re-calibrate the IMU and the Gimbal. I flew it again but unfortunately the problems persisted. I again chatted with Support and they had me factory reset the unit and also re-calibrate the Gimbal. Once again, the problems returned.
It was then that I flew the drone without the video recording being ON and was surprised to see that the video on the monitor was behaving normally. It was only after I turned the recording feature back ON that the unit returned to being jerky with minor pixelation. I chatted with support a third time and they authorized a return for repair/ replacement.
I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience? I must say that the video quality (sharpness and clarity) of the 4 Pro is better. It looks like another winner of a product for DJI. I was just hoping that the new 4 Pro would be as trouble-free as my Phantom 4.
Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Weird, should work fine. Have you tested that sd card in another device, for recording, to make sure it doesn't happen as well? I have had good sd cards go bad.

What are the recording settings?
Thank you for your concern. I tried 3-4 different SD Cards. I saw the same results on all the different cards.

Are you using 2.4 or 5.8 ? Not that it could be the reason but worth a check,

Weird, should work fine. Have you tested that sd card in another device, for recording, to make sure it doesn't happen as well? I have had good sd cards go bad.

What are the recording settings?
What is weird is that once I am NOT in the recording mode, the video on the monitor is fine. Since the SD Card is purely for storage of your video recording, why would the built-in monitor on the Controller be affected in the way it is? And again, when I am NOT recording, the monitor is fine.

It is a SanDisk Extreme Pro- 128gb

I was under the impression that 64GB was the maximum size supported. I also noticed on these memory cards (I spent a lot of money on Ultra 128 Gig) that the transfer speed is significantly lower (except an initial burst) than its 64Gig equivalent.

What is weird is that once I am NOT in the recording mode, the video on the monitor is fine. Since the SD Card is purely for storage of your video recording, why would the built-in monitor on the Controller be affected in the way it is? And again, when I am NOT recording, the monitor is fine.
Usually that means that the device isn't powerful enough to show live feed and record high quality footage at the same time, but since you're using the built in screen p4p+. I would say send it back to dji.

I was under the impression that 64GB was the maximum size supported. I also noticed on these memory cards (I spent a lot of money on Ultra 128 Gig) that the transfer speed is significantly lower (except an initial burst) than its 64Gig equivalent.
I appreciate the response, but I tried to use 2-3 SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 gb so cards as well and had the same result. But, I didn't realize that b
I also tried some 2-3 SanDosk Extreme Pro 64 go sd cards as well, all with the same result. I did not realize that about 128gb so cards- thank you for the input.
I sent the drone back for replacement. We'll see how the new one is.
Thank you

Usually that means that the device isn't powerful enough to show live feed and record high quality footage at the same time, but since you're using the built in screen p4p+. I would say send it back to dji.
I did send it back, per the Tech Support's recommendation. Thank you for your input and response

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj