Question about the "hot spare" on dslrpros.com?

Reaction score
Hi guys!! So excited to find this wonderful forum! I have been studying and shopping for the past few weeks trying to decide on which phantom option to go with and this forum is a Godsend!!

A quick question for anyone who may know... I was checking out DSLRPros.com and noticed their "hot spare" options ( http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... fault.aspx )... my question is... why is it called a spare even though its touted as a clone of their more expensive package deals? Do you have to buy one of these more expensive packages in order to qualify to buy the "spare" package or can u just buy the spare package?

Thanks in advance for any help! Look forward to lots of wonderful discussions once i receive my phantom!

cc

Thanks for the response but im still confused that they list all these items as included...

DJI Phantom Go Pro Aerial Rig
DSLRPros Complete FPV OSD with data telemetry
Futaba 8FG - R6208SB Rx
DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal - pre-installed and tested with PDB Upgrade Board
8" Carbon Fiber CF Props (set of 4)
2 High Performance LiPo 2400mAh Batteries
5.8 GHz FPV Transmitter with Clover Leaf Antenna

the futaba controller ....batteries...etc are all included... it seems like a complete package to me?

understand my confusion?

cc

crazy chris said:
Thanks for the response but im still confused that they list all these items as included...

DJI Phantom Go Pro Aerial Rig
DSLRPros Complete FPV OSD with data telemetry
Futaba 8FG - R6208SB Rx
DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal - pre-installed and tested with PDB Upgrade Board
8" Carbon Fiber CF Props (set of 4)
2 High Performance LiPo 2400mAh Batteries
5.8 GHz FPV Transmitter with Clover Leaf Antenna

the futaba controller ....batteries...etc are all included... it seems like a complete package to me?

understand my confusion?

cc

Not the controller, (transmitter is the proper term) it comes with the receiver (RX) and two batteries.

They can charge you way too much by giving things cool names like hot spare. Or rig. Or bundle. Normally you save money in a bundle. Not with them.

AAAAAH I see!! Thanks so much for the response!!

I guess people are right..there stuff is a bit overpriced...

cc

by the way, I have a feeling that demand exceeded supply on the phantom 2. It seems like most dealers are running low on stock. From what DSLRpros has on their website about how they do not recommend the phantom 2 and suggest the phantom 1 is probably due to the fact that they have a whole lot of phantom 1s in stock and they need to liquidate them as soon as possible. Their wording suggests this: "has not been available long enough". Which means once they have gotten rid of their phantom 1 stock, they will report back that the Phantom 2 has been out long enough to suggest it.

I would really love to know how they are getting 16 to 18 minutes out of a phantom with gimbal, iosd and fpv. Its been well covered around here that you're lucky to get 9 or 10 minutes with that weight and 2 batteries and the new vision props.

I researched the Phantom for months before taking the leap, as i've seen many do. After online shopping another 2 weeks I bought an Ultimate package from DSLRPros... It is easy to spend big bucks quick in this "hobby", but you already know that.
It's all relative.
What I must say, however, is the support, communications, follow up and attention have been exemplary. As I don't have years of experience with RC like many of you do (I learned for a few weeks on a couple of micros to help pave the way to my Phantom) that is a significant factor to me. I call them, and I speak to a KNOWLEDGABLE human being. Now! Not 2 days later. If I send an email requesting an answer, I have a reply that day, usually in an hour or two.
Oh, yeah. .. They all speak English...and email using American words and grammar.
Many of you don't need this level of hand holding. .. like I said, I've read the manuals, I've watched the videos, I've read hundreds of pages on forums like this one, and I know I own this thing and am responsible for flying it. Those that don't need all that, fine. But price is not always the final factor. I'm cheap as they come, but I will stick up for the VALUE based on my experience with DSLRPros.

i agree! i am definitely willing to pay for that kind of service!! i will keep that in mind when i make my final purchase!

I sooo admire you guys who are savvy and tear these things apart for fun just to see what u can tweak ... but i have such terrible luck with all electronics that i wouldnt dare...lol... if there is a bad one in the batch i will be the guy who gets it... in fact... when i do get mine ordered...keep your eyes peeled for my "fly away" story...im sure it will happen...lolol

cc

Ksc said:
by the way, I have a feeling that demand exceeded supply on the phantom 2. It seems like most dealers are running low on stock. From what DSLRpros has on their website about how they do not recommend the phantom 2 and suggest the phantom 1 is probably due to the fact that they have a whole lot of phantom 1s in stock and they need to liquidate them as soon as possible. Their wording suggests this: "has not been available long enough". Which means once they have gotten rid of their phantom 1 stock, they will report back that the Phantom 2 has been out long enough to suggest it.

I would really love to know how they are getting 16 to 18 minutes out of a phantom with gimbal, iosd and fpv. Its been well covered around here that you're lucky to get 9 or 10 minutes with that weight and 2 batteries and the new vision props.

Ksc, I can personally attest to the 16 minute flight time, I was the one that did the flight test. Outdoors, with a H3-2D, 200mW FPV, Futaba 8FG, Our own OSD system, 900 MHz data radio, two 2400 mah batteries, and vision carbon fiber props. If you want I can take a video next time I do a test.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj