Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Question about the 333 Exemption process

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjw, Dec 8, 2015.

1. mjw

mjw

The FAA has my exemption request - they picked it up on 11/2 - still in pending status - when approved does the status change to approved or does the FAA send a letter? I would think based on other posts I have seen the approval should be close

2. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

They will send an email/letter and you will get that before you "See" the status change on the docket. Just like your original submission there is a delay (1 month or more) from the time something "happen" and when the docket reflects that.

3. mjw

mjw

Just hope the email does not end up in junk - thanks for the info

4. kenjancef

Start putting every FAA email address in your filters... lol... I'll be doing that soon too... :)

5. turbulence

I submitted mine in mid June and got approved around mid October. You probably still have a ways to go. They will send you both an email and hard copy via mail. You can register your drone now while you are waiting.

6. kenjancef

4 months, that sounds about right, from what I have heard. I submitted mine in mid-September, and it got posted on 11/19... figure not till after Christmas, but no worries...

7. mjw

mjw

I have an "N" number - done all I can do - 'cause i am not spending thousands for a pilots license - hopefully FAA does something sensible

8. Rothgarr

I mailed mine in in September and heard nothing in response. I tried resubmitting online in November and got a confirmation email but can't figure out how to check the status...

9. Rothgarr

I'm now wondering if I submitted at the wrong place online... would one of you guys be able to post a link of exactly where online you submitted your request?

10. mjw

mjw

go to regulations.gov - type in FAA-2007-0001-0001 in search bar - when second screen appears - up in the right corner is another search bar - clear it out - type in the last name, business name or whatever you used to submit the exemption - if you sent in November you won't find anything yet - you also can type in the receipt # the FAA gave when you initially submitted the exemption - it takes awhile for the FAA to pick up your submission

11. kenjancef

I just go to regulations.gov, then in the big search bar I put in my confirmation number that was sent via email when I submitted the application online. I think I submitted mine on September 14th, and just finally got results on November 19th. Until it's posted you will get nothing when you search.

12. Rothgarr

Thanks to you both! Looks like the one I submitted via US Mail on September 1 came up in the search results -- good to know it went through. Thanks again!