Question about swapping transmitters

Reaction score
Sorry it this has been covered before... I know I can extend range with mods or aftermarket extenders, but:

I have access to 2 phantoms for work purposes, one a P2V+ and the other is a P2V (non-plus). The plus has a more powerful Tx at 120mA vs the older 80mA model, with a more powerful wifi extender as well. Can I simply rebind the newer Tx to the older Vision, thereby gaining more range? Is it that simple, or is there a catch?

Geert said:
robinbuzios said:
Sorry it this has been covered before... I know I can extend range with mods or aftermarket extenders, but:

I have access to 2 phantoms for work purposes, one a P2V+ and the other is a P2V (non-plus). The plus has a more powerful Tx at 120mA vs the older 80mA model, with a more powerful wifi extender as well. Can I simply rebind the newer Tx to the older Vision, thereby gaining more range? Is it that simple, or is there a catch?

Hi,

You can bind the newer TX to the older P2V. That is no problem.
I have a P2V with the new Remote Controller. Works fine.

Geert./.

Thanks for the reply Geert! Just one more dumb question so I understand fully. Will I get the extended transmitter and wifi/video range that I normally get with vision plus setup? ie FCC mode - 800 meteres?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic