Question about RTH and RC LED on P3S

Reaction score
Hey there, so recently I have been flying some long range flights with my P3S. Pretty soon I lose video but still have RC connection so I keep flying, however, the LED on the far left on my remote always turns red. I still have control though, so I am not sure how to know if I am connected to the Phantom or not. Eventually if I do happen to lose line of sight, I have no idea if it still connected or not so I usually engage RTH. Can someone please let me know how I can tell if I am still connected to the Phantom or not.

look in the top right in the dji go app. the bars with the remote beside it tell if you have radio control (controlling the phantom from the remote) and the other that says (HD)
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450503735.964620.jpg
is just the live video feed. you are connected to the phantom until the bars next to the remote in the top right go blank.

Reactions: Adil J
look in the top right in the dji go app. the bars with the remote beside it tell if you have radio control (controlling the phantom from the remote) and the other that says (HD) View attachment 38069is just the live video feed. you are connected to the phantom until the bars next to the remote in the top right go blank.

View attachment 38069
Ohhhh, that makes sense! Thanks so much.

It is a bit different on the Standard but you get the idea. You really should not be flying BLOS and I would highly recommend you learn the manual so you are familiar with everything about your Phantom, especially when you risk flying BLOS. Canada has much stricter rules than the US does at the moment so I would be very careful in what you do. Canada does NOT allow BLOS flights for hobby aircraft.

I would check into all the rules before you run into issues. Here are some more rules for Canada...

Where Can I Not Fly My Drone?
  • Not within 9km of: forest fires, airports, heliports, aerodromes, or built-up areas.
  • Not within 30m of people, animals, buildings, structures, and vehicles which are not involved in the operation (for UAVS 2kg or less)
  • Not within 150m of people, animals, buildings, structures, and vehicles which are not involved in the operation (for UAVS 2.1kg or more)
  • Not over military bases, prisons, or in controlled or restricted airspace.
  • Not over crowds
  • Not over 90m high.
  • Not in special aviation events, air shows, or system demonstration.
  • Not on private property without permission.

Phantom Standard screen...

IMG_1822.jpg

PS - please do not make duplicate topics. I deleted the other one.

Reactions: Adil J
It is a bit different on the Standard but you get the idea. You really should not be flying BLOS and I would highly recommend you learn the manual so you are familiar with everything about your Phantom, especially when you risk flying BLOS. Canada has much stricter rules than the US does at the moment so I would be very careful in what you do. Canada does NOT allow BLOS flights for hobby aircraft.

I would check into all the rules before you run into issues. Here are some more rules for Canada...

Where Can I Not Fly My Drone?
  • Not within 9km of: forest fires, airports, heliports, aerodromes, or built-up areas.
  • Not within 30m of people, animals, buildings, structures, and vehicles which are not involved in the operation (for UAVS 2kg or less)
  • Not within 150m of people, animals, buildings, structures, and vehicles which are not involved in the operation (for UAVS 2.1kg or more)
  • Not over military bases, prisons, or in controlled or restricted airspace.
  • Not over crowds
  • Not over 90m high.
  • Not in special aviation events, air shows, or system demonstration.
  • Not on private property without permission.

Phantom Standard screen...

View attachment 38091

PS - please do not make duplicate topics. I deleted the other one.
I have read the whole manual multiple times, but what happened to me did not correlate correctly to what was said in the manual. Sorry for making multiple topics, but no one had replied on the other thread and I wasn't sure how to delete it.

No problem. And not to worry, someone will always answer you eventually. Probable cause it was late and your behind the east coast time.
I was checking out the rules up there and they are very restrictive. Don't get yourself into trouble! :eek::D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.