Question about RC reception

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a P3P and have been enjoying this upgrade over my P1. My firmware is 1.6.4 and 1.5.7 on the RC. I'm finding that at flying around an altitude of 300' I seem to be losing my RC connection around 2000' out, give or take. When I look through the forums and see 1+ miles out of a stock setup I'm wondering if there is an issue with mine. I'm aware that interference can play a big part in this but I'm disappointed that I seem to be losing connection at a short distance. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

It depends if your RC has line of sight to bird.

if it makes you feel any better, I can only go 2000 feet with my P3P when I'm flying out of my backyard. but my suburban neighborhood is super saturated with wifis all over the place. if I take a drive down the coast to a more secluded location, my range is significantly better.

I am a new owner of a P3P and have been enjoying this upgrade over my P1. My firmware is 1.6.4 and 1.5.7 on the RC. I'm finding that at flying around an altitude of 300' I seem to be losing my RC connection around 2000' out, give or take. When I look through the forums and see 1+ miles out of a stock setup I'm wondering if there is an issue with mine. I'm aware that interference can play a big part in this but I'm disappointed that I seem to be losing connection at a short distance. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Try to go to an ocean beach and fly. You will get good range.

I went to my brother in law's for Easter and flew from out front of his house. My FPV crashed right away. Frozen screen. WTF? It never crashes at home. Then I realized the problem. He lives in a townhouse community and I live near a cornfield. There's like 40 wifi signals slammin' into my controller. D'oh!

Always check the wifi interference if you are flying in a residential area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers