Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry

Hmm... so what is the benefit of a wind surfer parabolic antenna device if it only improves the outgoing signal?
Oh, that was the other question, my results were using the windsurfer I could get out farther with out loosing remote signal. I am still flying and controlling it even after I loose video and telemetry.

Added: This was the homemade one, try it!

Last edited:
I am still kind of new to this. Garrock, I am not sure what you are proposing. Your website is similarly mysterious to me. I presume this is some kind of amplification/booster system.

I found a way to remove the internal WiFi Module inside the P3S Controller and house it in an external enclosure with its own battery. No soldering or wire cutting.

Along with the REDbird 5.8ghz RC Repeater Module, that makes a complete repeating solution for the P3S.

Mount both ontop our car and sit comfortably inside wile maximizing your range.
Two man team: car driver and drone operator.

Or mount the repeater pair on a second Repeater-Helper Drone and let it over over head.
Hey your back, No hard feelings?, I was really stressed. I saw and looked at your add today. This stuff is changing so fast, I am glad you got your product rolling. Retail, Tough World.

ADDED: So whats is with the bold print?;)

Last edited:
I am still kind of new to this. Garrock, I am not sure what you are proposing. Your website is similarly mysterious to me. I presume this is some kind of amplification/booster system.
Go to the REDbirdRF.com website. Then find the "Demo Videos" link at the top.
Please watch a few of the videos to grasp the concept.

What I propose adds a new dimension to radio control.
That is, the radio repeaters can be mounted hundreds of feet away from you.
This allows you to sit comfortably in a shaded area or inside your house or car.

Or to really kick ***, fly the repeaters on a second drone and let it hover overhead.

Then fly your regular drone over a forest and hills and down to ground level on the other side.

Hey your back, No hard feelings?, I was really stressed. I saw and looked at your add today. This stuff is changing so fast, I am glad you got your product rolling. Retail, Tough World.
No problem... yea retail tough world .lol.

Watch my demo videos of be sitting in a silver car and another one flying in the mountains of west virginia.

No problem... yea retail tough world .lol.

Watch my demo videos of be sitting in a silver car and another one flying in the mountains of west virginia.
I got the same-o from August, here you go, let the thread continue...
No signal after update

Why do you think it only improves the outgoing signal? Both are improved. ;)
The Standard only has one antenna that can use a windsurfer, the remote to bird signal.

Yes I have done that, both ;), but then you loose your flight log, so that is the my last choice, but in about 5 second window.:eek:
I just saw this ... two months later. What flight log? I don't lose a flight log. One log is stored on my mobile device and another is stored on a server. I never lose a flight log unless my mobile device crashes. Then when I bring the app back up I end up with two flight logs - so I end up losing maybe 30 secs of data. But that has nothing to do with turning the controller off.

I just saw this ... two months later. What flight log? I don't lose a flight log. One log is stored on my mobile device and another is stored on a server. I never lose a flight log unless my mobile device crashes. Then when I bring the app back up I end up with two flight logs - so I end up losing maybe 30 secs of data. But that has nothing to do with turning the controller off.
If your mobile device is saving the flight log, and you mobile device gets its telemetry via WiFi from the remote. How could that be saved on the mobile with the remote is not powered on. I was thinking the complete flight log. :)

Okay.

On my Litchi, I will sometimes fly out of FPV range and completely lose the connection. Zero bars. Then, when the craft comes back into range, I get reconnected. My Litchi log is complete. The app actually fills in the blanks with numbers during the time of the disconnect, averaging them out. However, my setup is a P2V with an independent 2.4 transmitter, so it appears you are right since, after all, this is the P3S forum. I don't know what would happen if I turned off my 2.4 transmitter (aka range extender) because there's never any reason to turn it off. There is always a connection between my 2.4 transmitter and mobile device on my system, even if there is no 2.4 signal. So apparently you're saying the P3S is different.

My bad.

Okay.

On my Litchi, I will sometimes fly out of FPV range and completely lose the connection. Zero bars. Then, when the craft comes back into range, I get reconnected. My Litchi log is complete. The app actually fills in the blanks with numbers during the time of the disconnect, averaging them out. However, my setup is a P2V with an independent 2.4 transmitter, so it appears you are right since, after all, this is the P3S forum. I don't know what would happen if I turned off my 2.4 transmitter (aka range extender) because there's never any reason to turn it off. There is always a connection between my 2.4 transmitter and mobile device on my system, even if there is no 2.4 signal. So apparently you're saying the P3S is different.

My bad.
Not bad, it just makes all of us re-think of how this stuff works, so yep the so called rang extender is built in to the remote on the standard. I still have P2V+ remote, just missing the important part. When I bought the P3S, I flipped out for a few minutes thinking it didn't come with it. Then I did flip out because my only mobile devices, wasn't compatible. I bought this to look for my P2, then the firmware killed the range.
:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20