Question about purchasing a phantom drone

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm looking to buy a phantom drone but my brain is switching back and forth between phantom 4 and phantom pro 4...
first I'm looking to buy a drone that will last at least a year with me without thinking to upgrade so obviously p4p but also with that price I can buy the Phantom 4 full package with batteries and stuff... I like the p4p for the new sensors and the extra features it offers also the battery and the longer range it offers ...
what do you guys think? is p4p worth the 500$ extra or p4 is perfect the way it is?

thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

The biggest advantage of the P4P is the new camera. I personally wouldn't pay $500 just for the new sensors.

Sure -- there are other new features too. The extra distance is nice, but it's not too useful to me since I live in the US and am supposed to fly VLOS per the FAA.

Sure -- there are other new features too. The extra distance is nice, but it's not too useful to me since I live in the US and am supposed to fly VLOS per the FAA.
same here in live in US... I'll do what you suggested, I'll get P4 ans with the money difference I'll get the DJI care and the extra stuff for the drone... that way I can even learn on it and if they release a better one I'll try sell the p4 and upgrade

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just bought a P4. I think my next drone will be whatever comes next (P5?) and just before they release the one after that (P5P?) when the prices drop like they did for the P4. Basically one model behind the latest. I'm purely hobbyist not a professional.

I just bought a P4. I think my next drone will be whatever comes next (P5?) and just before they release the one after that (P5P?) when the prices drop like they did for the P4. Basically one model behind the latest. I'm purely hobbyist not a professional.
or and old 2016 inspire 2. might as well get the gold standard of old......

I had a P4 and upgraded to a p4p. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Well worth for several reasons. I suggest you go p4p.

I'm a hobbyist by the way.

What are those several reasons/?
Goes 30mph in P mode with OA on. Useful for active tracking snowmobiles and stuff. Has all around sensing, very useful in tight spaces. Got some really cool shots of an old building that would have been scarier without the tripod mode side sensors and the rear sensors.

And the camera is... well, can't say enough about the camera. The dynamic range is huge. And being able to adjust fstop is big too. Mechanical shutter for shots where objects are moving fast. Better images and video in low light. And the h265 recording gives a noticeable improvement for video with motion in it like rivers, fast pans, etc.

Reactions: sla70r
Goes 30mph in P mode with OA on. Useful for active tracking snowmobiles and stuff. Has all around sensing, very useful in tight spaces. Got some really cool shots of an old building that would have been scarier without the tripod mode side sensors and the rear sensors.

And the camera is... well, can't say enough about the camera. The dynamic range is huge. And being able to adjust fstop is big too. Mechanical shutter for shots where objects are moving fast. Better images and video in low light. And the h265 recording gives a noticeable improvement for video with motion in it like rivers, fast pans, etc.
Thanks for that.

man I don't want to hear that....
I bought the p3s on thanksgiving day, then bought the p4 two weeks later. my wife is not going to like you.............

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik