Question about my first crash

Reaction score
Ok, here is how it happened. About a week ago I was ending a flight with RTH. It was coming a little too close to a tree about 3 meters above the ground. So I switched to ATTI mode that's when it dropped like a rock!

I bent an arm and broke a prop. I have since replaced the shell, recalibrated everything and it seems to fly like new.

My question, what did I do wrong or what possibly went wrong?

Let me clarify a little here. I programmed the S1 switch for: Up GPS, Middle position ATTI and down position for RTH.
So, I had S1 in the down position and it was returning to home but coming very close to a tree so I switched S1 to the middle position for ATTI. That is when things took a turn for worse and gravity took over.

That must be Allright. Dropping is never a prog. Case! Sorry iT Will be one off the unexplaineble crashes!

Just remember.. on the 3.10 and newer firmware, you still have some control on RTH. If there are obstacles, you can still rise and negotiate your way around.
How was RTH triggered? was it from flying out of range or did you trigger via app/S1 toggle?
I think you enabled NAZA in the phantom assist and some how accidently enabled manual mode on the S1 toggle.
ATTI will NEVER cause it drop like rock. ATTI is still using the IMU barometer/altimeter to maintain height.

Just remember.. on the 3.10 and newer firmware, you still have some control on RTH. If there are obstacles, you can still rise and negotiate your way around.
How was RTH triggered? was it from flying out of range or did you trigger via app/S1 toggle?
I think you enabled NAZA in the phantom assist and some how accidently enabled manual mode on the S1 toggle.
ATTI will NEVER cause it drop like rock. ATTI is still using the IMU barometer/altimeter to maintain height.
See my post above.
I triggered RTH with the S1 programmed to the toggled down position (failsafe). Then I toggled S1 to the mid position which is ATTI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers