question about maps

Reaction score
It is my understanding that you have to have wifi to connect to separately than Phantom wifi. So I gather than I need to be close enough to civilization to access the internet in order to get a map of where I plan on flying. Is this true? I was able to get one at home as I just disconnected from Phantom network and connected to my home network then pulled up ground station and the map appeared. I think switched back to Phantom network.sI then went about a mile away and pulled up ground station and there was no map as I didn't have an internet connection other than Phantom. Is this correct procedure? If I am out in the country and away from any wifi I cant use ground station?

When you are on your home Wifi you need to find the map area you are planning on going to fly and "cache" them by swiping to the left. When you get to the area you are going to fly they should be there. Worked for me. If you are using a phone it should have the 3 or 4g signal and load the maps of the area you are in? Page 58 of the Phantom Vision 2 manual goes over the proper procedure.

When you are on your home Wifi you need to find the map area you are planning on going to fly and "cache" them by swiping to the left. When you get to the area you are going to fly they should be there.
Any ideas on how to cache maps on a PC/laptop?
Or am I going to have to get my mobile internet connected again.

I figured out how to cache the maps in my laptop.
Just a matter of zooming in on an area and moving the map around until each screen resolves itself and while you are online.Once this is done you can revisit the same areas and the map is there in full resolution without having to be connected to the internet.
There is a limit to the total area that can be cached,I don't recall how much now,but I have all my local spots covered and a couple of spots further afield.I think I got 50 square Kilometers or so.

Not that it matters as the system will not be working any more by the time I get to using it because it is being discontinued.

just tried my GS on Ipad mini and seems to work fine except I cant get the map to zoom to street level and the picture becomes blurred.
Is this a built in feature for restricted areas? I live just on the very edge of 5 mile radius, literally next two blocks are are restriction free zones.
Too cold to venture outside but I wonder how I will get the map/sat view if I fly beyond any wi-fi location (boonies) :)
Thanks for response.
Oh almost forgot to ask if anyone took the metal case off from the AIR module and installed it inside the Phantom without anyside effects.
Is there a reason for the metal case (interference)???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20