Question about livestreaming to FB and signal

Reaction score
ok Guys, i have a question posted is pictures of my signal with live-stream to fb and without, same settings same height and distance pretty much.Is it normal for live stream to so this to your signal???? it happened a couple times but this time i did a control flight just to see if it was the live-stream doing it.on the one with the red the red starts just as i started the livestream. thanks in advance
with livestream.jpg
without livestream.jpg

I usually keep my tablet/ phone in airplane mode basically to avoid any incoming messages and to avoid any other network interference with the RC signals.

Now when you are live streaming to FB, you got to keep Cell network or WiFi on which could interfere with the RC signals based on the device and its proximity to the RC antennas. Amount of the interference is not known. You are probably the first one to show a comparatively results to all of us.

Which device did you use and were you on WiFi or Cell network?

I usually keep my tablet/ phone in airplane mode basically to avoid any incoming messages and to avoid any other network interference with the RC signals.

Now when you are live streaming to FB, you got to keep Cell network or WiFi on which could interfere with the RC signals based on the device and its proximity to the RC antennas. Amount of the interference is not known. You are probably the first one to show a comparatively results to all of us.

Im using a Nexus 7 2nd generation, wifi only and always on airplane mode when flying, approx 15 feet away from my wireless router. I keep wondering if its my device (I guess i wont know unless i can get another one to try, but i havent done a comparison but pretty sure it also did the same thing when i used my lgv10 phone) . i use it mainly for operating my p3A i do have a few apps on it but always fly on airplane mode. thanks for the reply

But on both flights i was in the exact same place perfect signal without livestream to FB and the one where i live streamed the signal didnt screw up until the minute i started the live stream,, im just wondering why and is this typical?

I used WiFi from the local cable company it works great on my tablet

Sent from my SPH-L720 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone??? No one has ever checked to see if this happens to them or have noticed it? i tried it again since this post and sure enough its def something to do with livestream.

I've only tried live stream a couple of times and did not see that type of signal loss. I use Twitch: Twitch
The controller signal is not involved with what the device is doing, the device only shows what the video is doing as well as other data levels. The local router is on the same frequency as the controller and heavy data flow (video transmissions) may have a impact on the nearby controller, although the controller should be set to auto channel select. Do you have auto channel set?

Last edited:
I've only tried live stream a couple of times and did not see that type of signal loss. I use Twitch: Twitch
The controller signal is not involved with what the device is doing, the device only shows what the video is doing as well as other data levels. The local router is on the same frequency as the controller and heavy data flow (video transmissions) may have a impact on the nearby controller, although the controller should be set to auto channel select. Do you have auto channel set?

Thanks, i am pretty sure it was on auto but not 100%, ill ave to try that when i get off duty tomorrow. i have the 32 channels so its a possibility i may have had it to custom and was on channel 22 or one of the higher ones thanks for the reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.