Question about Litchi

Don't let the waypoints scare you. It is crazy cool and works as well as you have read.

I've read somewhere that I may get more video range with litchi??
With Litchi you can select the transmission channel(0-31), I have mine set on auto as I get pretty decent video feed with the range I fly.
I'm not a radio expert by any means but I read on the forum here that channel 13 is supposed to be a decent channel. Having that option may help you with your issue.

Ok...so downloaded Litchi and having a few problems.
1) doesn't always connect to my P3S
2) when signal drops it says disconnected and won't reconnect until everything is turned off and re-powered up
3) when panning down with the gimbal, the picture lags and breaks up ( even when the Phantom is on the ground 2 feet from the controller)
3) when switching from P to Atti to F modes on the controller, F mode doesn't always register. It just says P-Gps

None of these problems occur with the DJI Go app.

Really want to use it and like it as so many other pilots do, but don't feel confident or trust it.

Anyone got any thought??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

With Litchi, you MUST STOP DJI GO APP before using. The GO app likes to keep itself active. I use 'Shut App' to shut everything down and then use Litchi without a hitch.

Not much love in general for dji apps
I don't believe DJI Ultimate Flight has anything to do with DJI. They are two different entities.

Looked at DJI Ultimate Flight as an alternative. Not purchased yet, but from what I see it looks ok!

Squirrel- I had the Go App killed off before starting Litchi, but still had connection issues. When it did connect I had the issues as above. So I wanted to check it wasn't a bird issue (just in case) so closed litchi and ran GO. Everything was fine. I'm hopefully, weather permitting, going out again tonight into the field and will try Litchi again. It maybe something with my particular setup P3S on latest FW using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" (which should be more than powerful enough). Really want to like litchi from everything I read, but after issues yesterday, I don't feel too confident with it at the moment.

Try a waypoint mission and you will like it, I promise.

The only other thing is you have the latest FW and my FW is 1.4.6...several revisions older. With this FW I have no issues worth mentioning.

The actual app looks really good, but the fact that I can't use the gimbal smoothly and that it either didn't connect or when it lost signal, wouldn't re-connect has be a bit concerned...I suppose it's ok though as I've still got bird control and can fly back!

No app needed just to fly.

Reactions: gvsukids
Yeah that's always good, but for £20 I would like it to work properly. Gonna give it another shot later win a big open space!! By the way, does the channel options work with the P3S or is that just got Lightbridge Phantoms? If so, what is the best channel? I've read about 13 being good?? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb!!!

Not sounding dumb. Sound like someone that wants to know, that's all.

No clue on the channel options. I would imagine it would apply as wi-fi has different channels it operates on.

Mine, when it loses signal, usually regains signal when back in range. But it is not unheard of to not regain signal and that goes for the GO app as well in my experience. If I have to change out a battery, I have to reboot the whole setup. Annoying, yes, but I've gotten accustomed to it so it is no real big deal any longer to me.

Honestly, I paid the $20 just for the waypoint feature over the GO feature. I usually keep it within 500 feet and 75 feet height though, on average. I just don't see the need to go out as far as you can. As I said in an earlier reply, I go out to test what I read on these forums and I want to know what my quad is capable of. Beyond that, I get VERY bored doing distance runs.

What I do is I go to a location I want to film/record and then go back to the office. There are days when the drone case isn't even opened.

I'm the same with distance...I do like to see what it's capable of and if the "quoted" specs are correct ..ie 500m range, but in all fairness the 300m/800' I'm getting in one direction is enough for most things I ever need to shoot. I'll give Litchi another go later and let you know my thoughts...when it was connected and working, I had a play with the tracking option which seemed really cool, want to film my stepdaughter on her skateboard later so that may be the best option to safely do that and probably course lock as well!!

Reactions: Squirrel!
Silly question....is there a way of downloading or viewing the images/footage taken on Litchi like there is in GO app?

Silly question....is there a way of downloading or viewing the images/footage taken on Litchi like there is in GO app?

When you're done with litchi close it up and go to the dji go app. You can view all your pictures and videos there

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Squirrel!- flew today with Litchi....flawless!! I actually uninstalled GO from my tablet. I've got it on my iPhone so can always connect with that if I need to. Not done waypoints yet but the tracking was brilliant of my stepdaughter on a skateboard!!! Any thoughts on channel settings or just leave on Auto?

When you're done with litchi close it up and go to the dji go app. You can view all your pictures and videos there

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Unfortunately, the videos recorded with Litchi won't show up in the DJI Go app. You have to take them off the sd card. (Unless you have a secret you're not sharing).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik