Question about IOS apps for P3P

Reaction score
Well, got the iPad Air 2 and be getting the P3P set up soon. Got the wifi/cellular which should help quite a bit.
For software, I know Dji Go does the job well but if I were to go Autopilot or Litchi, which would be best in the long run.
I noticed as well another software out there called Airnest. Is it a good complimentary addon or does one of the other programs perform close to or same function?

When you do use the GPS functionality of Air 2, do you need to have it active Cellular Data ON or is the controller/Phantom just using the GPS "chip" built in the Air 2. That is, it's said you don't need to have cell service for follow me and other features but do you need to have it on (installed). Currently have it off since I don"t have any data plans selected.
Went out and got an Apple Sim card for future choices for a cell carrier when it's needed.
Hope you all understand my question.
Looking at getting apps (iOS) such as Airnest, Autopilot or Litchi.
Is Airnest to compliment Autopilot or Litchi or not needed. Debating on either getting Autopilot/Airnest or Litchi/Airnest.
I read the pros and consult each but need real world opinions.
Wasn't Airnest $9.99 a couple days ago? Saw it for that price got iTunes juiced up with cash and got back to it yesterday and it's 19.99.

For software, I know Dji Go does the job well but if I were to go Autopilot or Litchi, which would be best in the long run.
It would be a good idea to learn how to use DJI GO before trying a 3rd party app. 3rd party apps do not completely replace the functionality in DJI GO, so you'll still need to use it sometimes. And, if whatever 3rd party app you decide to go with stops functioning, you'll at least be able to fire up DJI GO and know what to do.

When you do use the GPS functionality of Air 2, do you need to have it active Cellular Data ON or is the controller/Phantom just using the GPS "chip" built in the Air 2.
There is also a GPS receiver in your Phantom. You'll only need GPS on your iPad Air 2 if you choose to use the Follow Me feature or need to reset your home point to your current location after takeoff. All other functions that require GPS use the GPS receiver in your Phantom. You do not need to activate the cell service in order to use GPS on your iPad Air 2.

When you do use the GPS functionality of Air 2, do you need to have it active Cellular Data ON or is the controller/Phantom just using the GPS "chip" built in the Air 2..
Just stick with the DJI app until you are an experienced flyer.
It could be that GO does everything you need.
Look to the others if you want something else that they offer.

The only things cellular could offer is the ability to download background maps in the field or the ability to live stream to the internet.
Maps aren't much use and you can cache them at home over wifi anyway.

Thanks for the responses guys! I know it's good to start with the basics. I guess it's all the hype the apps offer you luring you to purchase them. I do plan on having the follow me and other options needing a GPS in the tablet. Hence the purchase of the Air 2.
Another question, when you hit the record button on the pad, the video shot is recorded on the memory card found in the Phantom?
I noticed users recording to the tablet so is it two ways?

when you hit the record button on the pad, the video shot is recorded on the memory card found in the Phantom?
Yes. You can also get a lower resolution copy saved on your mobile device if you enable the following feature in the DJI GO app:

DJI-GO-Video-Cache.png

Depending on the speed of your device, this setting could cause the video to lag in the DJI GO app. So, I don't recommend using this feature unless you have a good reason to use it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20