Question about ground station

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I have a very simple questions regarding ground station flights.

Now if I set up a long range flight through ground station and my drone loses wifi connection or control signal. What will happen? Will it still go thru each waypoint then fly home?

I once had a ground station flight where I lost video connection and couldn't even track the bird on the ground station map. It just froze. I was scared I thought my drone had crashed. If eventuall returned home but I'm not sure if it was a failsafe or the drone just completed the mission

I believe failsafe automatically kicks in when signal is lost.
It may take a few seconds longer.
Just remember, in failsafe mode the flight speed is like in creepy crawling mode.

I'm not sure, but when failsafe does kick in, this may kick off the ground station section and return home as normal.

Luckily, I've not had this happen yet.

As one other user posted, he too had his screen display "freeze" where failsafe kicked in.

The ground station flight plan will continue after all contact is lost. The mission is uploaded to the bird and when you hit Go, it fly's the mission.

Txfirecop said:
The ground station flight plan will continue after all contact is lost. The mission is uploaded to the bird and when you hit Go, it fly's the mission.
That is what I thought too.

If it loses control signal or video it will complete the G/S mission as planned. It will only go into Failsafe and abort the mission if you select Failsafe on your S1 switch when you still have control signal. you can turn your transmitter off and it will complete the mission and hover over home point when it is done - I have tried it.

Bit off subject but worth mentioning. A "I Gotcha" kind of thing.
I use Naza exclusively. If you don't you should check it out. Anyway I flew a normal GPS fight, both switches up, flew around , brought it home and landed. I have the V3 with the upgraded transmitter. So when I landed I brought the left joystick down and lock which is motor shutoff. I decided to do a Ground Station flight. Brought up my map, put in 3 waypoints, set altitude, hit Done, hit Go. Off it went and flew all 3 waypoints, came home and hovered. In the Ground Station mode the P2+ V3 disregards the transmitter completely except fot camera tilt. So it was hovering over the Home Point so I was going to take control by toggling S1 and land it. Just when I was reaching for the S1 switch I noticed my left joystick was still in the down lock motor off postion. I popped it out, it went to center then I toggled S1 and landed. Sooo. If I had toggled the S1 and not noticed my left joystick postion, as soon as the Phantom communicated with the transmitter the motors would have stopped!!! Now if I had enough altitude and survived the "oh ****" moment I could have moved both sticks down and in and restarted but who knows if I would have enough time and presence of mind to get that done. Then I got thinking if the Phantom was smart enough not to let that happen. Did the left joystick down lock only work if it was on the ground? So I hovered it about 6.5', got under it, put my hand under the landing gear and pulled it back to down lock...The motors stopped and I caught it. Anyway watch that left joystick in automated flight, it could crash you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20