Question about Ground Station App vs. Vision App

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of the Vision 2+ and have done a handful of test flights. Using the Vision app version of Ground Station has worked fine for me but you can't adjust the direction of the camera (yaw) during flight. I downloaded and looked through the Ground Station app and saw that you could set altitude, way points but also the facing of the phantom in flight (i.e. you could fly sideways from waypoint to waypoint allowing for a nice long dolly move).

So - can you use Ground Station (not the Vision app) to fly the Vision 2+? I tried to connect the app to my quad via wifi and it didn't seem to do anything.

Second, if not, we should suggest to DJI that also allow us to program the attitude of the camera when flying with GS.

Mike

No, the ground station app only works with the 2.4GHz groundstation hardware.

The datalink GS for iOS and PC only supports camera orientation when holding at a waypoint. It does not support fixing the yaw to a particular angle between waypoints. We all wish it did.
To use the PC or IOS GS you need to add additional hardware, the datalink. The 2.4Ghz datalink is the only one that supports iOS and it has interference issues with the P2V+ FPV signal since they are both 2.4Ghz.
Many have asked for the yaw control or selection during waypoint flight but currently it is not part of the DJI system. The DJI A2 and Wookong flight controllers support POI but that is not part of the GS package.

DrTelemark said:
I'm a new owner of the Vision 2+ and have done a handful of test flights. Using the Vision app version of Ground Station has worked fine for me but you can't adjust the direction of the camera (yaw) during flight. I downloaded and looked through the Ground Station app and saw that you could set altitude, way points but also the facing of the phantom in flight (i.e. you could fly sideways from waypoint to waypoint allowing for a nice long dolly move).

So - can you use Ground Station (not the Vision app) to fly the Vision 2+? I tried to connect the app to my quad via wifi and it didn't seem to do anything.

Second, if not, we should suggest to DJI that also allow us to program the attitude of the camera when flying with GS.

Mike

The GS is very powerful and a great tool with no limitations. Its very reliable and works great on the P2V+. You can set loops , save coordinates into missions , log GPS data , fly and forget , Fly with Logitech Joystick and do missions from PC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20