Question about GPS using an Ipad

Reaction score
I THINK I saw on a website, where you can pre plan your phantom flight using an IPad. I think that would be amazing. Problem is I can't find the website I saw this on. So, I can't confirm if this is true. Plus, I think I had just taken an ambien, so all bets are off. Is this something that exists now? Being able to pre plan your flight would be great. Have any of you heard of this, and if its available now, what's your experience with it and your opinion of it.

jasperthayer said:
OI Photography said:
Only works with the Phantom 1 currently though (not sure what version you have)

Is there documentation that says it's not supported on 2.8GHz Phantom V2? The DJI Press release at http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-released-its-new-quadcopter-phantom-2 has bullet point number 9 that says the following:

9. Reserved CAN-Bus extendable device connections, such as DJI iOSD mini, iOSD mark II, 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink etc.

Also the ground station URL I linked to in the first post says the flight control supported includes NAZA-M V2 so it should be supported.

Flight control systems supported:

2.4G Bluetooth Datalink: ACE ONE, WKM, NAZA-M, NAZA-M V2;

iPAD Ground Station: WKM, NAZA-M, NAZA-M V2;

Yeah it's widely complained about that it's locked down on even the non-Vision P2 right now. It's supposed to be unlocked on there for use with existing GS hardware soon, and the Vision is expected to use its existing data connection once the upcoming firmware adds that functionality

Thanks Jasper, yes, that is the device I was talking about. Man, it seems you need a degree in electronics and robotics to understand all of this stuff. You guys and gals are lucky to have this knowledge. It's very frustrating for someone like me who has no background whatsoever with electronics. So much to learn with so little brain matter. Let me try to understand. This device allows me to pre program the directions I want my phantom to fly, correct? Will it also turn the phantom in the direction I want? For instance if I want my phantom to fly to a certain point, and do a 360, then fly to the next point, do a 180 etc....?

Wow! Just saw the demo on this on YouTube. Pretty amazing, but definitely something that's way, way, way down the line for me. It looks very complicated to operate. But amazing technology for sure!

Rowdy13 said:
Wow! Just saw the demo on this on YouTube. Pretty amazing, but definitely something that's way, way, way down the line for me. It looks very complicated to operate. But amazing technology for sure!

I bought this recently as it came with a package and the iOSD Mini, i have never used anything like this before in my life and it was VERY simple to setup a waypoint flight with the iPad mini. The laptop software on the other hand is complicated as hell, but thankfully if you have an iPad, you don't need to touch that.

Within a few minutes of setting this up, i had a successful waypoint flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik