Question about GPS and location

Reaction score
I just purchased my P2v+ and it should be version 3. I am a bit concerned about getting a fly away so I am thinking about purchasing a gps tracker. Can anyone make any recommendations? or do I even really need one, as this post looks like it is now built into the quad. http://droneflyers.com/talk/threads/sma ... acker.516/ scroll down to the last post and you can see what I am referring to.

There is an app called GPS Plan. Free. Tells you everything you need to know

The find my phantom feature has always been built into the app.
There is no tracking device on the Phantom but the app will show the last GPS location it had for the Phantom.
If your Phantom loses GPS lock and drifts in atti, it will not be able to transmit any updated position information.

I see. Thanks for the replies. Any recommendations for a gps tracker? I live in North Carolina, and the ones I have found work off t-mobile, which in my area has little to no coverage.

The trackers that use a SIM card usually are cell-phone based and locate by cell tower triangulation. In a dense population area where there are a lot of cell phone towers, the accuracy will be OK. In rural areas where cell phone towers might be 15 miles (or more) apart, your accuracy can be +/- 1/4 mile or more.

I use a Garmin GTU10. They don't make it anymore, I guess. I'd use Pet Tracker instead. I've had the Garmin for years for the dogs. Works great, but even with that accuracy, I have a Tile on the Phantom (works beter than Loc8er in my experience). The woods are dense here in Minnesota.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20