During a fly-away, did your bird:

• fly-away horizontally without ascending

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • climb up and away

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
You can tell I'm Canadian, eh!

A question for anyone that has experienced a fly-away: has the Phantom climbed at all or was the flight always horizontal (or downwards)?

Many thanks

I don't think you'll find anyone in this P3A/P forum that has had a "Fly Away" per se. It's usually pilot error. With Lightbridge I think the old problem of fly away's with the older Wifi technology has gone away. What happened to you? You have us on the edge of our seat! :D

One of the causes of the runaway should be compass error. If that happens, phantom should runaway horizontally. I have not experienced it but that's what I read it.

I have had a brief fly-away while using the follow me function by flipping the mode switch out of F mode returned control.

The reason that I posed the question is that I am developing contingency plans for a commercial operator and, if a fly-away is always horizontal, the plan is simpler if rising terrain creates a natural barrier to a long distance fly-away.

I have had a brief fly-away while using the follow me function by flipping the mode switch out of F mode returned control.

The reason that I posed the question is that I am developing contingency plans for a commercial operator and, if a fly-away is always horizontal, the plan is simpler if rising terrain creates a natural barrier to a long distance fly-away.
Is that truly a fly away though. I wouldn't call it a fly away if something happens during autonomous flight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Incidents that are labelled "flyaway" and almost all operator misunderstanding or confusion or straight out operator error..
True flyaways are extremely rare for the P3 series.
So rare that no-one could describe what is characteristic of a flyaway.

btw .. a compass error might make control a challenge but it shouldn't make your Phantom fly away

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik