Question about Firmware Upgrade from 1.1.9

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a few questions as I have no used my drone in about a year. Here they are:

1) When I checked the forums awhile ago people were saying that 1.1.9 for the Phantom 3 Adv seemed to be the most stable. So my RC and Drone are 1.1.9. MY App is DJ 1.2.0. Should I upgrade to the latest firmware and if so what version is best?

2) Is the latest (1.10.90?) stable?

3) What is the process needed to update the RC and Drone to the latest from 1.1.9? That is to I have to go to a certain semi-newer version and then the newest or can I go directly to the newest from 1.1.9?

4) Is there a way to confirm RC and Drone firmware versions?

Thanks everyone so much for your help!

You can find your current firmware versions in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

1.10.90 has been out since November 29th. It's a stable build. If you'd like to install it, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

You can find your current firmware versions in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

1.10.90 has been out since November 29th. It's a stable build. If you'd like to install it, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Msinger,

Thank you for the quick reply. If I have version 1.1.9 though, can I upgrade directly or do I need to go to a slightly newer version and then the newest? If slightly newer, what version do I go from 1.1.9? And would that process be the same for Drone, RC & Battery?

Also, I checked under about and it says 1.1.9 but isnt that for the RC only? It only lists the APP version: 1.2.0 and then it just says 'firmware 1.1.5' so Id assume that is for the RC only?

Thanks again for all your help!

You will need to install firmware 1.3.2 first. Please follow my instructions exactly. It includes the steps you need to follow if using a firmware version prior to 1.3.2.

The current remote controller firmware is 1.8.0.

FYI, you can find the current firmware versions and release notes on the P3A downloads page.

Msinger,

Thank you for the quick reply. If I have version 1.1.9 though, can I upgrade directly or do I need to go to a slightly newer version and then the newest? If slightly newer, what version do I go from 1.1.9? And would that process be the same for Drone, RC & Battery?

Also, I checked under about and it says 1.1.9 but isnt that for the RC only? It only lists the APP version: 1.2.0 and then it just says 'firmware 1.1.5' so Id assume that is for the RC only?

Thanks again for all your help!
You will need to install firmware 1.3.2 first. Please follow my instructions exactly. It includes the steps you need to follow if using a firmware version prior to 1.3.2.

The current remote controller firmware is 1.8.0.

FYI, you can find the current firmware versions and release notes on the P3A downloads page.

Looking at the downloads page on DJI website I am seeing 1.10.90 as the latest firmware, but you stated that 1.8.80 is the last one for the RC. Can you please clarify?

Also, can I run DJ Go Version 1.2.0 with the newest firmware?

Thanks again for the help! Really appreciated!

No, you cannot upgrade right to the latest version. Please follow my instructions exactly. They are very detailed and clearly explain how to upgrade your Phantom, remote controller, and batteries.

The Phantom and remote controller firmware versions do not match. Both should be displayed in DJI GO if both your Phantom and remote controller are connected to DJI GO.

I don't know if you'll run into any issues with running DJI GO 1.2.0 with the latest firmware. I usually use the most current versions of DJI GO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan