Question about filters

Reaction score
Hi all ,
My question is: should you remove the clear lens from the camera before you install a uv filter? I noticed today that the lens is just plastic but there is an o ring gasket on it. My uv filter is a push on!
Thought my pics would be a little better but don't know. Too windy to fly so here I sit picking someone else's brain! What do you think?

All P3As, P3Ps, P34Ks, and P4s come with a UV filter... did you mean ND filter?

@DroneDestination is correct. Your old P3A and now your new P3P both already came with a UV filter screwed on the camera.

You can buy them for $38 if you want a replacement.
Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 3 - UV Filter, Pro/Adv. (Black): Camera & Photo
@DroneDestination is correct. Your old P3A and now your new P3P both already came with a UV filter screwed on the camera.

You can buy them for $38 if you want a replacement.
Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 3 - UV Filter, Pro/Adv. (Black): Camera & Photo
This is what I bought on Amazon, love them

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    492.2 KB · Views: 259
  • image.png
    image.png
    492.8 KB · Views: 281
This is what I bought on Amazon, love them
Ok. I use the TACO RC set of ND filters. Usually the ND16 or the ND8 work for me in my area.

should you remove the clear lens from the camera before you install a uv filter? I noticed today that the lens is just plastic but there is an o ring gasket on it. My uv filter is a push on!
When using push on filters (like the SRP filters), you should push them on over top of the UV filter that comes installed on your Phantom. I've tried a few brands of push on filters and none of them were deep enough to stay attached when the UV filter was removed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31