Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Question about DJI Phantom 2 GPS Icon Mini iOSD

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by GorData, Aug 14, 2014.

1. GorData

Upgraded from 1.08 to 3.2 yesterday and I noticed that the GPS icon on the lower left corner switches rapidly from GPS To ATT. It only does it in GPS, stays the solid in ATT or Manual. I downgraded to 1.08 and the status is solid in all three modes. I havent flown yet but I am little worried. I did the upgrade because my Quad was all over the place when I first top off.
    Here is a quick video of the issue.
    [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkJxUZUuiSs[/youtube]

2. tferrari

I had this exact same issue until I switched to NAZA mode. It seems to go away and stay rock solid as GPS once I am actually outside and the unit is idling and has a good quantity of satellites.

For good measure, I would suggest doing your advanced IMU calibration, taking it into a field, turning on your P2 and letting it sit there for a couple of minutes, do your compass dance, ensure the compass dance calibration took ok. Take it for a 10 foot test flight.

I think you'll find that this issue goes away once you're in the field and the P2 has got a GPS lock.

3. GorData

tferrari - I did a advanced IMU Calibration and I always do a Compass dance before I put my bird in the air.
    I am going to check but I am 99% sure I am already in NAZA-M mode but I will double check before I head out to check.

4. tferrari

GorData,

I just tested this again. When I don't have at least 6 satellites, my GPS icon will flash between GPS and ATT.

Try it outside again and see what happens once you get 6 or 7 satellites.

5. GorData

I will try later today after work. Thanks for checking.

6. OI Photography

What GorData said is correct...the Phantom automatically switches to ATTI mode when it doesn't have enough satellites locked (at least 6) to maintain solid GPS position hold.