Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Question About CSC Positions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dollerprod, Jun 24, 2014.

1. dollerprod

You know the CSC positions to start the phantom:
    [​IMG]

So, when I am flying, and my controls go into these positions, the Phantom is going to power off and fall!?

It seems that is what I am reading and I would like to clarify. Granted that would be some pretty aggressive maneuvering but it just seems like this shouldn't be so..

2. BigTulsa

If not mistaken, I think you have to hold those positions for given time period before it goes into 'emergency shutoff' mode, which is essentially what it is in flight. It's obviously the startup CSC when on the ground. :)

3. ElGuano

If you CSC in flight, it will immediately power off and fall, no delay. So the best thing to do is, not put the stick into these positions in flight :)

The only motor-off command that has a delay is holding down for 3 seconds while the barometer measures no descent.

4. Nidge

If you think carefully about it if your sticks ever get into any of those shut off positions having the motors stop in flight will have been the least of your problems. If you have a simulator with a quad model give it a try :D

Regards

Nidge

5. Tenly

A lot of people mistakenly believe that - but it's not necessarily true.

Some 3rd party apps (like Autopilot and Litchi) can and do remap the joysticks to perform other functions in certain modes. With the joysticks remapped, the CSC commands are not all that far away from safe and valid joystick positions. All owners should be aware of the CSC commands and be sure to avoid them - especially when using advanced flight modes that change the functions attached to the joysticks.

MasterBlaster likes this.
  6. Mark The Droner

This thread is over two years old.

What I just posted in another thread:

CSC in mid-air?

7. Tenly

Again.... I just saw 6/24 and assumed it was this year.
    Again... I wonder why the thread hasn't been closed!

dirkclod likes this.
  8. tcope

The board does not have closed threads. I've made the mistake of posting to an old thread before... it happens. There are worse things.

9. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

You are correct tscope . I have too a lot .
    And Tenly...thanks again :)
    didnotread4.gif

10. Tenly

I've participated in a few threads that have been closed. I've tried to post in some threads and received a message that I couldn't submit my post because the thread was closed...

11. Mark The Droner

If a thread became closed, it wasn't because it was old. Often it's because it's a duplicate thread.

There's nothing wrong with posting in an old thread - it's just that often the earlier posts are outdated and not relevant. For example, this thread - I'm not sure when the P3A was released, but if it wasn't out by June 2014, then the OP is accurate as it pertains to the P2. But when the P3 came out, the OP became inaccurate or misleading.

So it's often a good idea to make a note in your bump when bumping an old thread. :grinning:

dirkclod likes this.