Question about changing video transmission from 6 to 4mbs

Reaction score
Last weekend I had some video break-up and then freeze while flying my P3A. I'm using an Android tablet and had the video set at 2.7K.
I was doing some reading as to possible causes and found a couple possibilities. One suggestion was go back to 1080 from 2.7, the other was change the video downlink from 6 to 4mbs.
So I went into the settings and found where to go from auto to custom, and slide the bar to the left to lower it to 4mbs.
My question...when I am in custom and change 'that' setting does it also change the channels it uses from auto to custom? It seems like when I went from auto to custom it also affected the channel it chooses to use.
Am I missing something or overthinking this?

Thanks again

For P3A keep the transmission rate to the lowest.

In auto Mode, it will select the best channel automatically. Rate will be kept to minimum.

Last weekend I had some video break-up and then freeze while flying my P3A. I'm using an Android tablet and had the video set at 2.7K.
I was doing some reading as to possible causes and found a couple possibilities. One suggestion was go back to 1080 from 2.7, the other was change the video downlink from 6 to 4mbs.
So I went into the settings and found where to go from auto to custom, and slide the bar to the left to lower it to 4mbs.
My question...when I am in custom and change 'that' setting does it also change the channels it uses from auto to custom? It seems like when I went from auto to custom it also affected the channel it chooses to use.
Am I missing something or overthinking this?

Thanks again
Just an FYI that the downlink for a P3A is hardware limited to 2Mb/s. No matter what you set that slider for, it will always be 2Mb/s max for a P3A.
You can still go into custom mode on your P3A and manually select a quiet channel in your area.

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks for the posts. I had read that it was limited to 2mb and the Pro was 10 but when I read/saw that it said 6.5mbs in the app I figured it had changed.
Guess i'll leave it as is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20