Question about camera / gimbal brace

Reaction score
The little clear plastic part that comes with the p3p is nice in that it locks the camera and gimbal in place when moving it, driving etc.

Question I have is how do you make it stay put? It doesn't really lock in Ned it jut fall out. I'm also a bit paranoid putting it in place I feel like I'm being rough on the camera and th gimbal.... A softer foam one that's a bit over size so it didn't fall out and was easier on the camera and mount etc seems like a good idea.

Do you all have this problem or is it just me?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works well when you do it like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know how to put this in place I have two P3Ps one it stays in the other kind on loose. I was hoping there was a softer foam like gimbal lock that was a bit more secure. Thanks for the info

I know how to put this in place I have two P3Ps one it stays in the other kind on loose
Maybe pick up a replacement then? It sounds like it's defective.

If you're looking for a 3rd party lock, you can find many on Amazon.

Do you have the lens faring forward? I noticed mine wont stay in place if the camera is facing down

The camera has to be looking forward to insert the brace properly so I'm not sure how you did it with it facing down? I'll play with it more and see if it follows the camera or the brace. Haven't spent much time figuring it out because I haven't really traveled with them.

When I got mine home, it was in with the camera facing down, I'm guessing thru shop took it out to show it off to another buyer. but it will go in by accident at least. Ive only had mine a few days so, I was excited to see something I could speak to, lol

I'm just a bit paranoid any way shoving a hard plastic brace around the camera and gimbal. I am so very fearful that it's going to damage it :). Do you guys reinsert the little white foam lock piece that helps keep the plastic brace in place? Do you need either with it packed in a case? I assume having it flip around would not be good.....

I never liked the original gimbal lock, like you, I felt I was putting too much strain on the camera/gimbal.

I got one of these off ebay. It's made for the professional but literally 10 seconds with a flat file and you're good to go. Easy to use, secure and virtually strain free.

Attachments

• images (1).jpe
    images (1).jpe
    4.3 KB · Views: 448
Reactions: Fir3b1rd
I never liked the original gimbal lock, like you, I felt I was putting too much strain on the camera/gimbal.

I got one of these off ebay. It's made for the professional but literally 10 seconds with a flat file and you're good to go. Easy to use, secure and virtually strain free.
Totally agree with you on this martybabe.
I've replaced my own original gimbal lock with the same type of alternative gimbal lock, (for all the same reasons already stated). This type of gimbal lock is much easier to fit and remove and without the usual struggle. However; what makes this a great little gizmo is the fact that it doubles as a lens cover. DJI need to take up this design as their new replacement stock item. No brainer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic