Question about calibrating P2 with Zenmuse gimbal

Reaction score
Every time I do a calibration, rotate 360 turn upright and rotate another 360 around its axis, it always pisses off the gimbal and it goes flaccid for about 20 seconds before it comes alive again. Does this happen to everyone and if so is it bad for the gimbal?

Mine does that too. It's just the gimbal going into hibernation mode to save the motors.

I also have that issue when I power up the Phantom on grass. The gimbal gets caught in the grass and goes limp. Once I take off the gimbal wakes back up after a few seconds and its all okay for the flight.

hook3m said:
Every time I do a calibration, rotate 360 turn upright and rotate another 360 around its axis, it always pisses off the gimbal and it goes flaccid for about 20 seconds before it comes alive again. Does this happen to everyone and if so is it bad for the gimbal?
After you do the compass dance, pull the plug, and that will reset the gimbal. You won't lose your compass calibration, and it saves you some time, waiting for the gimbal to right itself.

Really a newbie. My bird is at the UPS warehouse. I'll pick it up tomorrow. What plug do you pull. I assume you mean turn it off. I wouldn't think you mean the small delicate plugs on the gimbal.

Bluegrass said:
Really a newbie. My bird is at the UPS warehouse. I'll pick it up tomorrow. What plug do you pull. I assume you mean turn it off. I wouldn't think you mean the small delicate plugs on the gimbal.
NO....I mean "power-cycle" the aircraft. Either by pulling the battery plug-on a Phantom 1, or pushing the battery button twice, and on the second push-hold it til it powers off, the back on=phantom2.
Also, read the instructions thoroughly.
I've discovered it isn't necessary to do the compass dance at every new spot I fly. Just do it the first time....and, if the aircraft flashes red/yellow/red.....or, when you lift off, it starts drifting/wobbling, land and do the compass dance.
Doing it each time-doesn't hurt anything.......

Also-now is a good time to start watching these video's; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGZ-ZJ-j8SQHXTJYtNYa9vw

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik