Question about backpacks

I should be receiving the fearless bag tomorrow and I will check everything out before making a decision, John you're the first person that I've seen who doesn't care for it everyone else swears by it thus the reason I ordered one
Maybe they sent me the wrong bag, such as a Phantom 2 bag. I called the dealer this morning, haven't heard back. All I can tell you is the craft doesn't fit in the insert cavity. The landing gear is too tight, and the motor pods won't fit down into the cavity because of my Strong Arm braces, they extend out about 3mm out, around the perimeter of the shell, around each motor. But just as bad is the size, it's pretty big, too big for carry on for airlines.

I got a great "bundled" deal, $118 with a 64GB flash card, and 2 extra props. But it's gotta go back.

Last edited:
the bag in this link is a soft case, not as good as the hard shell ones. Backpack Shoulder Bag Hard Shell Case For DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advanced
While I agree the quality of my soft backpack is not stellar, it's very inexpensive. The hard case from DJI and the Chinese clone won't hold an iPad. That's a primary item to carry and protect, so IMHO the hard case or DJI clone that some are trying to get rid of is simply not functional for my needs. Most are complaining there's not enough room. However, some folks may use their iphone or Android phone from their pocket, in which case that hard shell case would suffice.

I pretty much have the same bag but from EBay. I also just bought the fearless bag which came with 2 props and a 64gb micro SD card and now I'm hearing the P3P is having fitment issues I have no idea what to do now. The DJI replica is cool just doesn't fit a tablet

I think I saw someone here also suggesting he places tablet behind the backpack foam, so that's where I will be placing my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 too.

22332480033_a3192ecefb_z.jpg

22535031007_877ee2e961_z.jpg

Noodle, That looks like it would work fine to me. I do a similar scheme on the side of the insert, in my Chinese cheapy. The fabric is loose enough to slip the iPad along side of the insert, where to handle is. It hasn't been problem since the iPad has a cover.

I like the toes in the photo, Hah! Must be Spring there in Australia.

Hehe, I was hoping people who ignore my toes, I am not exactly a toe model :D
Yes spring here in Australia. Looking forward to more good weather to fly my new P3A. I have been tinkering with my 3 month old Cheerson CX-20 and it is still not flying as well as I would like :(

I should be receiving the fearless bag tomorrow and I will check everything out before making a decision, John you're the first person that I've seen who doesn't care for it everyone else swears by it thus the reason I ordered one
After close inspection the P3 landing gear is 6 5/8" wide. I have installed the carbon fiber camera guard across the bottom, the landing gear is very rigid. The Fearless insert cutout for the landing gear is 6 1/8" wide, which is exactly 1/2" too small. It's simply cut wrong, that's why my drone won't fit in the backpack.

Attachments

• landing gear.jpg
    landing gear.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 255
  • fearless insert.jpg
    fearless insert.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 262
After close inspection the P3 landing gear is 6 5/8" wide. I have installed the carbon fiber camera guard across the bottom, the landing gear is very rigid. The Fearless insert cutout for the landing gear is 6 1/8" wide, which is exactly 1/2" too small. It's simply cut wrong, that's why my drone won't fit in the backpack.
Ok so maybe you received a defective one? I will test my P3 with the bag tomorrow after its delivered.

Ok so maybe you received a defective one? I will test my P3 with the bag tomorrow after its delivered.
I got a call back from Coptershop, they sent me a return shipping label. They told me the Phantom model is printed on the box, and my box does say Phantom 3 series, so it doesn't look like they accidentally shipped the Phantom 2 backpack. It's apparently defective. I'll be curious if yours is the same 6 1/8" opening for the landing gear like mine, which is too small.

John,

Thanks for the pics and measurement my bag should be delivered this afternoon I will take a measurement as well and update you

Cool video now I'm thinking I should keep the DJI replica and return the fearless lol. Once the fearless arrives I will compare the two and decide which one I'm going to keep.

Ok so I just received the Fearless bag and the P3P fits with no issues, John the one you received has to be defective. The bag is cool and all but I'm returning it and keeping the DJI replica. The Fearless bag has some issues with the thread on the side looks like it wasn't threaded correctly I'm pretty sure that not all of there bags have this issue just mine. The Fearless bag is also a little bulkier compared to the DJI Replica. Even thought the Fearless bag will hold more I'm ok with the Replica I will just figure something else out for my ipad maybe just use my phone that day or something I'm flying for fun so it does't really matter to me. The replica will work for now until I find something I like maybe on Fri I will have time to go to BandHphoto and see if they have some bags in stock

Attachments

• IMG_1003.JPG
    IMG_1003.JPG
    571.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 295
John,

Thanks for the pics and measurement my bag should be delivered this afternoon I will take a measurement as well and update you
My P3P fit in the Fearless bag with no issues but I'm returning it until I find something I like the DJI replica will work for now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20