Question about antennas on Black Pearl Monitor

Reaction score
Hey, this could be a dumb question, but figured I'd ask it anyway: Is there any reason to have 2 aftermarket antennas on the Black Pearl 7" Monitor for and FPV setup? It seems to me that the monitor only uses the signal from one of the antennas (on DIV mode it being the one with the strongest signal). So, it there any reason to have 2 good antennas on the monitor?

The reason I ask is I've seen a lot of FPV setups with 2 antennas (usually a cloverleaf antenna on the left and a SpiroNET Patch antenna on the right). Does this have any benefit?

Thanks in advance!

the black pearl is a diversity monitor
which means it has 2 receiver's inside of it and it works out which receiver is getting the best signal and then displays that video
if your using 2 stock antennas they are going to receive the same quality signal so it wont really need to switch between the 2 as the signal should be pretty much the same
the stock dipole aerials are pretty crappy and only good for short range fpv use most people myself included have just added a extra helical antenna which is more suited for long range flights
i dont see myself flying more then 1km away so i have real need to replace my other dipole with some thing like a helical which would increase my range even more

One common application of the two antenna setup is to achieve good FPV at greater distances. The Black Pearl Diversity monitor is designed to pick up the best signal being received from one of the antennas attached to the monitor. I use a IBCrazy 5.8GHZ Bluebeam Ultra Antennas that are mounted on the monitor and the FPV transmitter mounted on the Phantom 2. They are for short to mid distance flying. I also mount the IBCrazy 5.8GHZ 9.5 DBIC Helical Antenna on the monitor to achieve greater FPV distance. The helical antenna is a directional signal antenna that works best when pointed directly toward the Tx Bluebeam Ultra antenna on the Phantom 2. The monitor will pick up the signal for the helical antenna if it is pointed toward the Phantom and at distances beyond the range of the Bluebeam Ultra antenna on the monitor. If you pan the direction of the helical antenna away from the transmitter mounted on the Phantom 2 either right or left or up or down you will see the image on the monitor get fuzzy or disappear.

Under ideal conditions, I have received FPV signals from the Helical antenna at ranges exceeding 3000 meters. For me, Ideal conditions always include an unobstructed line of sight between the monitor antennas and the FPV transmitter on the Phantom 2. This includes no obstacles like trees, buildings or hills in the way.

I am using the antennas on my setup as part of this description and have not compared them to other antenna setups. I am pleased with them but since I have not compared them to others I am not in a position to endorse them as being the best.

I recommend you the Boscam cloudspirit or the IBCrazy and a Helical for the other receiver in the LCD, this should give you a nice range.

With this setup i got 1500m with a 600mw immersionRC video tx, i tested the RX-LCD5802 from Boscam and i got even better range with only a 400mw tx from boscam.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj