Question about Airspace

I noticed that part. I just doubt someone at all three airports would take the time out of their day (nor do I feel they should) to work with me on an agreed protocol so I can fly my drone in the front yard to make a video of my kids playing.... Seems absolutely ridiculous. I sincerely appreciate you sharing. Not trying to be rood. Just pointing out that the requirement needs an injection of common sense as does the 107 regulation it sounds.

I noticed that part. I just doubt someone at all three airports would take the time out of their day (nor do I feel they should) to work with me on an agreed protocol so I can fly my drone in the front yard to make a video of my kids playing.... Seems absolutely ridiculous. I sincerely appreciate you sharing. Not trying to be rood. Just pointing out that the requirement needs an injection of common sense as does the 107 regulation it sounds.
Regardless, it answers the OP.

Buddy, I've been dealing with the FAA for 40+ years. They will drive you nuts if you let them. I have found that the only way to "win", is to learn the Airspace, & Regulations until you can recite them in your sleep. Then follow them to the best of your ability, always.
And still, there will be things that will trip you up and need to be clarified

I have to turn in. Started @ 4:30 this morning.
If you have any questions, I will be back on, early AM, to answer them

Not a problem. You have to give me 1.5 - 2.0 hrs. I'm setting up some honey beehives before the rain comes in.

You're a BEEK too? Outstanding :)

We have 3 hives here and 2 hives at another location. LOVE our honey bees :)

You're a BEEK too? Outstanding :)

We have 3 hives here and 2 hives at another location. LOVE our honey bees :)
Nice! How did your bees make it through the winter? For the first time ever, we lost all (3) hives. Fought hive beetle infestation this past year and it just weakened the hives beyond their ability to survive. Installed (3) packages yesterday. Glad I got them in too. Started raining @ 5pm and we've gotten (2) inches overnight. Raining hard now.

This is a very good discussion. Although I recently received my temporary 107 certificate, it has cleared up a few foggy issues.

Thanks Crack The Sky.

This is a very good discussion. Although I recently received my temporary 107 certificate, it has cleared up a few foggy issues.

Thanks Crack The Sky.
Thank you. The pleasure is mine. We're all here to learn, (well, most of us). I can get tripped up from time to time, also. I have always found the FAR's & Airspace fascinating.

Nice! How did your bees make it through the winter? For the first time ever, we lost all (3) hives. Fought hive beetle infestation this past year and it just weakened the hives beyond their ability to survive. Installed (3) packages yesterday. Glad I got them in too. Started raining @ 5pm and we've gotten (2) inches overnight. Raining hard now.

I lost (1) hive over the winter. Still not sure what happened. It's like aliens came and removed all of the bees from the hive in about 1 week time. Left honey and everything behind.

I made an whoopsie this spring. A local friend and BEEK was making queens from a hive that had no human contact for 9 years and very strong stock. I split my strongest hive to accept the new queen 24hrs before the her hatching. After I split my hive my BEEK friend called me to let me know that a queen hatched a day early and killed all of the other queens before he could get them out and "caged". So I had to re-sort my hives and allow this new split to create an emergency queen. We went in last week and all if back to normal and that hive (after 5 weeks) is Queen-Right again.

Raining like crazy here and forecast to be this way a few days.

I lost (1) hive over the winter. Still not sure what happened. It's like aliens came and removed all of the bees from the hive in about 1 week time. Left honey and everything behind.

I made an whoopsie this spring. A local friend and BEEK was making queens from a hive that had no human contact for 9 years and very strong stock. I split my strongest hive to accept the new queen 24hrs before the her hatching. After I split my hive my BEEK friend called me to let me know that a queen hatched a day early and killed all of the other queens before he could get them out and "caged". So I had to re-sort my hives and allow this new split to create an emergency queen. We went in last week and all if back to normal and that hive (after 5 weeks) is Queen-Right again.

Raining like crazy here and forecast to be this way a few days.
Wow! Never a dull moment. So Queeny made it back from her mating flight. Capped cells, or brood yet?

Reactions: BigAl07
Wow! Never a dull moment. So Queeny made it back from her mating flight. Capped cells, or brood yet?

Oh yes she did. And she's laying like mad and a beautiful pattern. I expect to see that hive's #'s explode in the next 7-14 days now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik