Query re Obstacle Avoidance in RTH Mode.

Reaction score
When the phantom four begins descending on RTH, I get an alert it is exiting the obstacleavoidance system. Is this normal or is it a setting in DJI Go 4. If it is standard, I don't understand why when it may be descending e.g. on a tree (best example I could think of). If it is something have done in the app, please let me know how to fix it. I am new to this.

I get the same thing and have been meaning to ask. Seems odd that OA is not enabled on RTH landings. Isnt that the whole idea!!!

Yep When it gets close, I just keep my finger hovering above the RTH button, it takes about two seconds of pressing it to kill RTH. I cancel the RTH when it's hovering 20-30 feet above me, then usually hand catch

It's normal. It disables it because it needs to sense and land on the ground.

Thanks for that. At least I know I haven't disabled something in the program. I do still find it strange when it knows how many metres above the ground it is to disable the OA, especially as there could be an obstruction in the way when landing.

Thanks for that. At least I know I haven't disabled something in the program. I do still find it strange when it knows how many metres above the ground it is to disable the OA, especially as there could be an obstruction in the way when landing.
It's up to the pilot to make sure it's landing in a safe spot.

All of these technology features such as return to home and obstacle avoidance should never be relied upon. They are failsafes above all else. They are great features to have, but a human pilot should and will always be the best and safest option.

I thought it to be the front cameras it turns off as it is now over from where it took off from and is now using the lower sensors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic