Queen Mary 2 in Port Fremantle

Did you have to get any kind of special permission to video the port? I've thought about going to the new orleans port and doing the same type footage over the cruise ships.

tupes said:
Did you have to get any kind of special permission to video the port? I've thought about going to the new orleans port and doing the same type footage over the cruise ships.

I'm not sure if I was breaching any guidelines. Altitude below 400ft, Daylight, Line of sight, not over people. I made sure I had plenty of battery, plenty of radio range, well clear of obstacles. Did not pose any threat. I wouldn't do this over a military ship in port as I suspect it would become target practise.

Very nice, try going up to Canning Dam (Roleystone way). I reckon that would be a great place to fly it especially around the wall. Just do it on a cool day so the updraft isn't so strong.

Just be careful flying near radar equipment such as on the ship remember reading a post wear a guy dropped his phantom into the drink filimg exactly the same way lost total control and was put down to radar interference from the ship...
Great vid but ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj